Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Issue with Definer's Rights (Oracle 10gR2)
Issue with Definer's Rights [message #357244] Tue, 04 November 2008 07:28 Go to next message
anjisvu
Hi
I am using Oracle 10GR2. I have a package owner by user A in which i made call to DBMS_CDC_Subscribe.extend_window , which takes subscription_name as argument. This package is by default definers rights subprogram. When i call this from other(not the owner) user B, it should get executed with A's privileges and should search for A's subscriptions. But even if pass a subscription name which is not in A, But in B ,its still getting executed and doing its job..

I am confused with its beheaviour ..can somebody explain how it works ?

Regards,
anji

Re: Issue with Definer's Rights [message #357249 is a reply to message #357244] Tue, 04 November 2008 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It depends on how the procedure get the current user name.
Maybe the procedure uses "USER" function to get the original user.

Regards
Michel

Re: Issue with Definer's Rights [message #357256 is a reply to message #357249] Tue, 04 November 2008 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anjisvu
Thanks for the reply! But other procedures in the same package are doing the way expected i.e they are refering to objects owner by A and not objects in B though these two users have some common objects like tables. So can it be some tricky part with dbms_subscribe.extend_window procedure and not with the procedure defined in package ?
Re: Issue with Definer's Rights [message #357268 is a reply to message #357256] Tue, 04 November 2008 09:13 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
dbms_subscribe.extend_window was the procedure I refered with "the procedure".

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Stored Procedure Running Continuously
Next Topic: How To Alter Current Schedule Job via DBMS_SCHEDULER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 12:27:31 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10152 seconds