Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Passing key value pairs for :new from trigger to procedure (oracle 9i)
Passing key value pairs for :new from trigger to procedure [message #354752] Tue, 21 October 2008 02:29 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

I have having a real brain attack in trying to work out the best way to pass the column names and values as a record/object or whatever, from a trigger to a procedure.

for the first part of this question: I am after a way of dynamically generating the key value pair list for the :new.ColName and :new.ColValue and insert into the most appropriate structure?

1. So far I have tried to substitute the 'dot' operator that goes after :new. with a variable but that does not seem to work and i don't have many options left to solve this other than manual coding which sucks?

For the second part of my question: I would like to know how to pass that chosen structure from the trigger to a procedure or function so some more processing can be done on the value list.

2. For this i have tried external objects and internal but not really sure what i am doing Razz.

I have my code for the trigger script so far "working progress" and for the package which has the procedure and object. I will leave the commented code in as that might give some insight into my mistakes Wink.

Thanks in advance for the help

Cheers Dave
Re: Passing key value pairs for :new from trigger to procedure [message #354753 is a reply to message #354752] Tue, 21 October 2008 02:33 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
AskTom: generic trigger for auditing column level changes

Previous Topic: Date conversion using a table
Next Topic: multiple join query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 24 14:19:54 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10606 seconds