Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Blocking alert dialog with more than 3 buttons (Forms 6i)
Blocking alert dialog with more than 3 buttons [message #352715] Thu, 09 October 2008 02:17 Go to next message
Is there any way, how to create or simulate own alert dialog with more than 3 buttons. I have some big procedure and I need to stop running it in some momments and wait for user response. But I need more than 3 buttons on alert.
I would like to create own modal window, with own desing and make it blocking like alert dialog.

Is ther any way how can I achieve it?

Now I know only about one ways
- show one standard alert with some buttons, wait for response and than show another alert with other buttons, but this is not ideal solution

Thanks for some tips and ideas
Re: Blocking alert dialog with more than 3 buttons [message #352740 is a reply to message #352715] Thu, 09 October 2008 04:59 Go to previous message
Using a new modal WINDOW in your form is a good idea.
Put your message in this window with the buttons you want to add. On these buttons, you can assign different values to global variables, and when returning to the initial window, you can do whatever you want according to the values assigned.
Be sure to empty these variables every time you to open the modal window.

Previous Topic: Managing data block based on outer join
Next Topic: Form compile error with accessing external Global variable from PLSQL package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 10:04:58 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08698 seconds