Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Getting table statistics
icon7.gif  Getting table statistics [message #350823] Fri, 26 September 2008 09:43 Go to next message
jgreenleaf
Hello everyone! New to Oracle and the forums here but I'm excited to get a foundation in Oracle. I am trying to figure out how to get statistics from a table in a schema that I am working in.

I try to use DBMS_STATS to generate the statistics and it DOES but I need to view the stats and it just tells me that "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed."

Here is the command I issue:

SQL> EXEC dbms_stats.gather_table_stats('schemaname', 'tablename')
SQL> PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
SQL>

I am working in SQL *Plus and I tried to turn autotrace on for stats but it seems to only work on queries that return results.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Re: Getting table statistics [message #350827 is a reply to message #350823] Fri, 26 September 2008 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alessandro Rossi
Read the Performance Tuning Guide.

Bye Alessandro
icon14.gif  Re: Getting table statistics [message #350829 is a reply to message #350827] Fri, 26 September 2008 10:15 Go to previous message
jgreenleaf
Ahh thank you very much, that's probably something I should have looked for before posting! Appreciate the point in the right direction!
Previous Topic: Insert into one table from multi table
Next Topic: Use of => in PLSQL variable definitions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 14:24:59 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13098 seconds