Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » combine information from two blocks to third block
combine information from two blocks to third block [message #349807] Tue, 23 September 2008 03:35 Go to next message
aisha83
HI ALL ,

i am doing a small project in form 6i and im facing some problem my project is as follow :

I will have three blocks, the first block will have the arrival information, and the second block will have the departure information. The third block will have the result. the result is as follow I will choose an arrival flight from block one, and I will choose the appropriate departure flight, after the selection of two flights from different blocks the combination of those two result will be shown in the third block which is the result.

I am struggling in achieving this result. What I have to do ??

thanks in advance ..

i attach a picture of my project
  • Attachment: proj.JPG
    (Size: 48.42KB, Downloaded 92 times)
Re: combine information from two blocks to third block [message #349834 is a reply to message #349807] Tue, 23 September 2008 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
Hi!

How is the selection done exactly?
You may write two procedures and run the first on WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK (or DOUBLECLICK or any trigger you want) of the frist datablock, and run the second in the same trigger of the second datablock.
In each of these two procedures, you go to the last record of the third block, you test if the items of this record are null or not. If they are null, then you make the concatenation you want and assign it to the appropriate item of the third block's record. If they are not null, then you create a new record by using "create_record" and you assign your values.
Make any necessary control over any of the three data blocks.

Good luck!

Rajy
Re: combine information from two blocks to third block [message #349841 is a reply to message #349834] Tue, 23 September 2008 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
Thanks rajy i will try this ..

i was thinking of using array in the form but i dont know how Confused

i think using array is easier or wat do u think.
Re: combine information from two blocks to third block [message #349847 is a reply to message #349807] Tue, 23 September 2008 04:52 Go to previous message
rajy_salim
I have never used arrays!
But how would you use and handle them in your case?
Just try the above and it will work for sure (I just tried it), but if you believe that arrays will work, you can try them also.

Rajy

Previous Topic: Forms6i ---> Web
Next Topic: Title of the browser displaying a report output through web.show_document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 20:13:33 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07539 seconds