Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Title of the browser displaying a report output through web.show_document (Oracle Forms 10g 10.1.2.0.2)
Title of the browser displaying a report output through web.show_document [message #349681] Mon, 22 September 2008 11:30 Go to next message
shahmayur
Hiya

We are using Oracle Forms 10g 10.1.2.0.2

All our Forms and Reports are working well.

We are using Java Script in Web.Show_Document so that when the report is displayed on the screen, the browser's toolbar and menubar should not be visible.

The code looks like this:

v_url_in := 'reports/rwservlet' || '/getjobid' || v_job_id || '?server='|| 'my_rep_server';

v_url_out := 'javascript:window.open("'||v_url_in||'", " ", "toolbar=no,menubar=no");self.close();';

Web.Show_Document (v_url_out, '_blank');

The above code is working absolutely fine. No issues about this.

Now when the report opens in a new browser window, the title of the browser window reads as follows:

http://<hostname>:8889/reports/rwservlet/getjobid1234?server=my_rep_server - Microsoft Internet Explorer

So rather than displaying the title of the browser window as the URL of our Application Server, we want to show the title to Reports name so that it reads as

'Customer Sales Summary Report - Microsoft Internet Explorer'.

Does anyone has any idea if it is possible to change the title of the browser window, if so, how ?

Cheers

Mayur
Re: Title of the browser displaying a report output through web.show_document [message #349731 is a reply to message #349681] Mon, 22 September 2008 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Googling 'javascript:window.open' returned http://www.javascript-coder.com/window-popup/javascript-window-open.phtml

David
Re: Title of the browser displaying a report output through web.show_document [message #349805 is a reply to message #349731] Tue, 23 September 2008 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahmayur
Hi David

Many thanks for taking time to find a solution for me.

I tried putting the title of the window in the second argument of Window.Open built-in, but it didn't work. Sad

Cheers

Mayur
Re: Title of the browser displaying a report output through web.show_document [message #350048 is a reply to message #349805] Tue, 23 September 2008 23:16 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What did it do? Please post your code and please use 'code' tags.

David
Previous Topic: combine information from two blocks to third block
Next Topic: 6i to 10g Migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 14:20:53 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07668 seconds