Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV EXECUTION
LOV EXECUTION [message #349338] Sat, 20 September 2008 07:33 Go to next message
maher534510
I HAVE LOV CONTAINS OFFICES ID WHEN I CHOOSE ONE OF OFFICES ID
I WANT TO GIVE ME ALL OF THAT OFFICE DATA
LIKE EXECUTE_QUERY BUT BY OFFICE ID THAT I AM POINT FROM LOV

Re: LOV EXECUTION [message #349359 is a reply to message #349338] Sat, 20 September 2008 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Would you mind reading the OraFAQ Forum Guide, please? Why do you type the whole message in capital letters? Why don't you use punctuation? It is difficult to read and understand what you are asking when questions are asked that way.

If I understood you correctly, there are two ways to do that: the first one is to include all these columns into the record group's query and create lookup items for all of them so that - when you choose an ID - these values get populated into the appropriate items.

Another way would be to use the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger which would use SELECT ... INTO statement and do the job after the ID item gets validated.
Re: LOV EXECUTION [message #349380 is a reply to message #349338] Sat, 20 September 2008 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maher534510
thanks man
but i have three related tables in that form and it's master details and huge number of items it's not practical
Re: LOV EXECUTION [message #349396 is a reply to message #349380] Sun, 21 September 2008 06:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, would you like me to code it for you?

I didn't create this data model, so - if you don't like the idea of three tables being involved, master-detail relationship and who knows what else, because it appears that you decided to keep certain information for yourself, revealing some of them in every new message you post - quit your job.

Or, find another way to do that, if possible.
Previous Topic: update column from previous row's column in Form (Merged 3)
Next Topic: Sql Loader command can be used in Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 18:34:36 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11593 seconds