Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Enabling/Disabling checkboxes
Enabling/Disabling checkboxes [message #349295] Fri, 19 September 2008 13:37 Go to next message
Am building a form and part of the form there is a tabular with check boxes. Now, am trying to get the checkbox to be enabled or disabled according to a certain value of the record.

I used the following code in the PRE-BLOCK

item_id     item;
    item_id := find_item('CRT_CHURQST_DTL.DTL_ACTION');

the above code would disable the entire checkbox tabular when loaded. Is there a way to specify the find_item on a record level?

Re: Enabling/Disabling checkboxes [message #349324 is a reply to message #349295] Sat, 20 September 2008 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Account Moderator
I'm very uncertain of whether I have understood the problem, but - could you research use of the SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY built-in (as opposed to the SET_ITEM_PROPERTY you currently use)?
Re: Enabling/Disabling checkboxes [message #349639 is a reply to message #349295] Mon, 22 September 2008 08:12 Go to previous message
I couldn't find where the condition to enable/disable the checkbox is, although I searched very well between lines . . .

find_item will not deal with the item in every record since it's considered as one item.
You may loop over the records and enable/disable the checkbox according to your value.

Previous Topic: FRM-30049: Unable to build column mapping.
Next Topic: i am getting error while running form with stack canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 25 16:30:56 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13463 seconds