Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Is there any way that we could fin which block is present on the form
Is there any way that we could fin which block is present on the form [message #349194] Fri, 19 September 2008 04:43 Go to next message
suhasbr

Hi,

I have 2 blocks ,Block A and Block B. Block A is visible while the form gets opened. When i do some operations, Block B is visible. Now i have a button from which i am calling another form. To this i am passing values of both blocks.

for this i have used this piece of code. Is there any direct functionality of form to identify as to which block is present in the form.

IF :CITATION_AMA_FORMAT.CITATION_CODE IS NULL THEN
:PARAMETER.V_AMA_CITATION_FROM:=:CITATION_AMA_FORMAT_FROM.CITATION_CODE;
MESSAGE(:CITATION_AMA_FORMAT_FROM.AMA_FORMATTED_CITATION);
:PARAMETER.V_AMA_CITATION:='';
web.show_document('http://www.msn.com/','_blank');
GO_BLOCK('CITATION_AMA_FORMAT_FROM');
ELSE
:PARAMETER.V_AMA_CITATION:=:CITATION_AMA_FORMAT.CITATION_CODE;
MESSAGE(:CITATION_AMA_FORMAT.AMA_FORMATTED_CITATION);
:PARAMETER.V_AMA_CITATION:='';
web.show_document('http://www.google.com/','_blank');
GO_BLOCK('CITATION_AMA_FORMAT');
-- EXECUTE_QUERY;
END IF;

Now the problem i am facing is that when i first move to first block it will be ok. Then i call the second block then also it is ok. But when i again call the first block and press the button it is taking the second block's value.
Kindly help me Embarassed
Re: Is there any way that we could fin which block is present on the form [message #349445 is a reply to message #349194] Sun, 21 September 2008 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How will knowing which block is in the form help you? Don't you want to know which block/item is currently being displayed?

David
Re: Is there any way that we could fin which block is present on the form [message #349478 is a reply to message #349445] Mon, 22 September 2008 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasbr

Yes David. By knowing which block is present i will be doing certain function in the push button.
Re: Is there any way that we could fin which block is present on the form [message #349725 is a reply to message #349478] Mon, 22 September 2008 19:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You don't need to know which block is in a form. You need to know which block is currently selected. There is a big difference. Look at the 'system.' system variables.

David
Previous Topic: menu source--database
Next Topic: list_item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 23:52:56 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.22144 seconds