Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms App Re-architecting (10g)
Oracle Forms App Re-architecting [message #348956] Thu, 18 September 2008 06:47 Go to next message

Hi All,

We have a US client who has an home grown application developed in Oracle Forms. The current Forms based application is in Oracle 10g. They want the application to be re-architected so as to enable it to integrate ( as a web service) well with other applications in near future.

There are 2 approaches which we think of

1) Either convert application to a Java based Oracle ADF application using tools such as Jheadstart or Exodus.
2) Modularize, clean-up and re-architect the current Forms application to enable it to make more scalable and integrate well with other applications.

So Please share your approach, best practices, case study with me.
experts kindly share your views .

Thank you.

Re: Oracle Forms App Re-architecting [message #349093 is a reply to message #348956] Thu, 18 September 2008 20:07 Go to previous message
Account Moderator
I assume you have searched OTN for "forms 'web service'" and read http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/htdocs/Forms_WebService_How_To.htm

If they have a working, fully debugged (as much as that is possible) application, it does 95% of what they want done, and it is in the current version of the language then I don't believe redeveloping it is the way to go.

If it only does 50% of the new requirements and can't handle the 'new' 'input streams', then go ahead and redevelop.

Previous Topic: Webutil - DIRECTORY
Next Topic: maximum number of items in a data block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 24 06:04:56 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09614 seconds