Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to Add list items values from the database
how to Add list items values from the database [message #345683] Thu, 04 September 2008 07:59 Go to next message
Shaheer
Assalam-o-alikom:

Sir,
I created two forms, one is for storing 'Designation' into database and other one for storing 'Employee Information' into the database.

In 'Employee Information' form i create List_item i.e. 'Designation'. I want to add 'Designation' values in the List_item from the database that is already stored in the database. please help me how to add list items values in the database. Designation values are already store in the database now i want to see these values in list_item.

Re: how to Add list items values from the database [message #345814 is a reply to message #345683] Thu, 04 September 2008 22:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Create a 'record_group' in the Forms Builder and use the 'designation' table in the 'select' statement. Then create an LOV that uses this 'record_group'. Define the LOV in the list of properties for the item which is to show the 'list'. Remember to define in the LOV the block and item name of this displayed item so that it will be populated when the user clicks on an entry in the list.

David
Previous Topic: Load Picture from scanner
Next Topic: Data block source question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 13:37:07 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.26747 seconds