Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » System Integration (Oracle 10g)
System Integration [message #344824] Mon, 01 September 2008 05:54 Go to next message
nnascimento
Good morning,
I'm developing an application which must be integrated with other systems, where the logic is as follows:
Application -> system integration -> external system

I would like to know how best to develop an API in pl / sql, for my application in oracle, calling the system integration. However would not want my system is dependent on this system of integration, that is, when you install my application does not have to install the system integration.
What is the best method to develop the API?
Using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE?
Can you help me? If possible with some examples?

Nilton
Re: System Integration [message #344827 is a reply to message #344824] Mon, 01 September 2008 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Do you not think there is a contradiction between this:
I'm developing an application which must be integrated with other systems,
and this
However would not want my system is dependent on this system of integration,

You could use Execute Immediate to do all your cals to the System Integration layer, but this would have two side effects:
1) If you haven't installed the System Integration layer, then all your calls to its API would error,
2) You code will run more slowly and consume more resources.
Re: System Integration [message #344832 is a reply to message #344827] Mon, 01 September 2008 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnascimento
Tks JRowbottom for your awnser.
And excuse my English.
Know any way to do this? Without creating dependency and without EXECUTE IMMEDIATEs?
Re: System Integration [message #344833 is a reply to message #344827] Mon, 01 September 2008 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
The question is very vague as to what those systems are.

It seems that you want to decide when you install your application whether or not to install this "system integration" part.

Then you could have for example a "stub" system integration PL/SQL package that is installed by default which just has all the needed system integration calls, but does nothing internally.

That could be replaced by a "working" system integration package once you want to use the external system.
Re: System Integration [message #344872 is a reply to message #344833] Mon, 01 September 2008 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnascimento
Thank you for your answers,
my API (Application -> system integration) vai be developed on the same Oracle database, both in PL / SQL. I have the user "A" which must communicate with the user "B", would like me to help define the method of producing this method of communication, without the user "A" has dependence on user "B". This is my main doubt.
Re: System Integration [message #344875 is a reply to message #344872] Mon, 01 September 2008 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Ah, yes. Then the method with the stub API packaged that is replaced with a complete API package when the system integration should be activated would work.

Re: System Integration [message #344877 is a reply to message #344872] Mon, 01 September 2008 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
If user A has to communicate with user B, then it is by definition dependent on it.
If it is completely optional whether or not User A communicates with User B, then there are ways this can be achieved, depending on what interfaces there are to User B's code.

If you are communicated with the System Integration software, do you need to get feedback from it - ie will it return information to you, or will you pass information to it and get nothing back?
Re: System Integration [message #344890 is a reply to message #344877] Mon, 01 September 2008 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnascimento

Only want to pass information, no need to receive any response.
So the best solution would be to create a dummy stub, and then update the final solution of the stub, when i want to integrate the application with an external system?

[Updated on: Mon, 01 September 2008 10:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: System Integration [message #344892 is a reply to message #344890] Mon, 01 September 2008 11:29 Go to previous message
durgadas.menon
from this line in the post..

Quote:
my API (Application -> system integration) vai be developed on the same Oracle database, both in PL / SQL. I have the user "A" which must communicate with the user "B",

I understand that you want to communicate with other users if this is correct then DBMS_PIPE and 'Advanced Queuing' might help you..
Previous Topic: How to access package via DBlink without using Public synonym
Next Topic: Query Vs Procedure on materialized view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 06:25:21 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.23634 seconds