Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how can i apply LOV in forms 6i
how can i apply LOV in forms 6i [message #344155] Thu, 28 August 2008 23:12 Go to next message
blaxmi
Hi Everyone...

In add mode i added the records in a master form by using a text field. but now i want to change the field property in query mode.
That is i want to add a lov to a code field in query mode.

Can anyone suggest me how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
B.Laxmi
Re: how can i apply LOV in forms 6i [message #344405 is a reply to message #344155] Fri, 29 August 2008 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Create a Record Group (query which will select data), create a List of Values based on this record group, attach this list of values to the text item. Doing so, List of Values will be always available to end user (not only during query mode). That's the simplest solution.

However, if you want to restrict users from being able to select values during INSERT, I wouldn't know whether it is possible to "remove" list of values from an item. You might, thought, use SET_ITEM_PROPERTY built-in and use invalid LOV_NAME. It would result in an error message if user tries to fetch something from list of values.

On the other hand, you might use CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY built-in and create a "valid" query before entering query mode. After fetching data, use the same built-in with the "... and 1 = 2" (or similar) in the WHERE clause so that query would return nothing during insert mode.
Re: how can i apply LOV in forms 6i [message #344739 is a reply to message #344405] Mon, 01 September 2008 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blaxmi
Hi Littlefoot,

Thanks for your suggession. By using set_item_property('Cloumn name',lov_name,'Name of the LOV') it is working fine.

I have one more doubt in forms. I am posting my new query here. please check it.

Initially i am going to login the application thru user id and password.
next after pressing ok button the project code selection form will open.
after selecting the project code the main menu form will be opened.
In one menu item there is a option for changing the project code selection.
For this also i'm using the same form which i initially used for project selection.

My doubt is, when i pressed OK button after changing the project selection the same menu form is opening again. My requirement is it should not open if i select a new project.

If u know the answer can u suggest me how to do it.
Re: how can i apply LOV in forms 6i [message #344920 is a reply to message #344739] Mon, 01 September 2008 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Keep it simpler. Have a logon form and a query form. Forget using menus and calling different forms, just use the one form with a 'top' panel showing the 'project code' in which you are interested and the 'bottom' panel which is the normal block processing using the 'project code' from the 'top' panel.

The 'project code' will be stored in a non-daatabase block and then used in the 'where' clause of the 'bottom' database block.

David

Re: how can i apply LOV in forms 6i [message #345526 is a reply to message #344155] Thu, 04 September 2008 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blaxmi
Hi,

I didn't get the wright answer. My doubt is related to opening and closing a form.

There three functions which work for opening and closing the forms. They are : open_form,call_form,new_form.

i would like to the know the exact definations of these functions.

so, please give me a breif description about those three functions.
Re: how can i apply LOV in forms 6i [message #345529 is a reply to message #345526] Thu, 04 September 2008 00:21 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
We don't do definitions. Open Forms Builder, press f1, search for them. Search this forum for them.

David
Previous Topic: Synatax to call .Net application from When-Button-Pressed Trigger
Next Topic: Moving Item in a canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 22:24:49 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05471 seconds