Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » creating a cursor for every class?
creating a cursor for every class? [message #342751] Sun, 24 August 2008 21:28 Go to next message

I'm modifying a package which contains a function with different parameters (say cno, gno, pname etc) need to be passed though it and that function is called by the cursor later in the program. I need to create a cursor (select statement) for every class (a program set)...i.e. multiple select statements for a program set with different values. The parameters needed to be passed correspond to same columns in different tables...so do i have to refer those tables everytime i'm passing the parameters using a select statement? The Program accepts the parameters as an array (list of parameters) and returns a cursor and the program handles one program set (class) at a time. That parameter list will be in a loop..i.e. it will be repeated for every certain combination (say cno - pname combination). So ... How should i proceed and create a select statement with different parameters declared in the function of type string making it dynamic and returning them using ref cursor?
Re: creating a cursor for every class? [message #342760 is a reply to message #342751] Sun, 24 August 2008 22:03 Go to previous message
Please read & FOLLOW the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

Previous Topic: what's the effective ways for data existence check
Next Topic: DBMS_STATS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 19:09:23 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09465 seconds