|How to design multiple polling bpel process [message #342741]
||Sun, 24 August 2008 16:46
Registered: August 2008
I am trying to solve/design the following in BPEL process:
- The integration process flow I am trying to design is an interaction b/n system A (FTP server), an Integration platform and system B.
- The integration platform will poll files from an internal FTP server. It has 2 Time files (“Time1” and “Time2”) alternatives to poll from the FTP server. It will then transform the message/information inside the files (time information) to an internal XML format. At the end it shall send the message to system B.
- The information inside the files is identical. The reason to have 2 files with identical information is for redundancy. The integration-platform shall only poll file “TIME1” as long as the conditions are met. If the conditions are not met, then it polls file “Time2”.
Normal succeeded scenario:
1- The integration platform polls the latest “Time1” file from the internal FTP server. The polling is done every 15th minute.
2- The integration platform logs to BAM and reports that the file is received.
3- The platform then converts the message to an internal format.
4- The platform sends the converted message/time information to system B.
5 - The use-case ends.
Not normal scenario:
1- The platform cannot get/receive file “Time1” file.
- The platform logs to BAM and reports that the file could not be received.
- The platform polls file “Time2” from the FTP server and it does the same normal scenario as above. The use case ends.
2 - Time message/information from the Time1 file has not full information (less than 24 rows). The file is supposed to have 24 rows (for 24 hours).
- The platform logs to BAM and reports that there is missing information on the message.
- The platform gets/polls instead the “Time2” file from the FTP server and it does the normal scenario.
- The use case ends.
3- The platform can find/get neither file “Time1” nor “Time2”.
- The platform alarms to BAM that it could not get/find the files.
** I am considering either the pick activity or the switch activity solution. Does any one of you have an idea how to design this in oracle BPEL process?
[Mod-Edit: Frank removed unused poll]
[Updated on: Mon, 25 August 2008 00:41] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator