Home » Server Options » Replication » What is the difference in using updateable materialized view and multi master asynce (10.2.0.1.0)
What is the difference in using updateable materialized view and multi master asynce [message #342237] Thu, 21 August 2008 14:41 Go to next message
ma_rabii
Messages: 11
Registered: June 2008
Junior Member
Hi everybody
I have 3 sites which want to be updated as soon as the other one
updates its data.(in 5 seconds)
So I have chosen multimaster solution,sync regardless of the resource concideration.

1-what is the difference between multimaster async and updatable materialized view regardless of resource consuming in multimaster?because in both of them each site can receive and also propagate the data...
I just know that in materialized view we can work offline and then apply it manually is there any other thing?

2-I can not understand the difference beteen multimaster sync and async (considering the 5 seconds,because 5 second is a little time)I mean in this case are they different from each other or not

Also if you think I should use the better solution please let me know?

Thank you inadvance
Re: What is the difference in using updateable materialized view and multi master asynce [message #342425 is a reply to message #342237] Fri, 22 August 2008 05:25 Go to previous message
babuknb
Messages: 1734
Registered: December 2005
Location: NJ
Senior Member

Quote:
>>So I have chosen multimaster solution,sync regardless of the resource concideration.


If you have only one master site and remain thing materialized view site then go for Advanced Replication or If you have more then one master site you can implemetn Multimaster Replication.

Quote:
>>-I can not understand the difference beteen multimaster sync and async


I sugges to implement ASYNC mode; becuase if network down between master and materialized site nothing will happen. In Sync mode entire transaction rollback.

Quote:
>>1-what is the difference between multimaster async and updatable materialized view regardless of resource consuming in multimaster?because in both of them each site can receive and also propagate the data...
I just know that in materialized view we can work offline and then apply it manually is there any other thing?


Nothing; You need to implement Conflict Resolution between master and materializd view site for Updatable Materializd viws..

For more reference:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14226/toc.htm

http://babudba.blogspot.com/search/label/Advanced%20Replication
Previous Topic: Data Replication
Next Topic: Problem in running the replication automatically with 1 minute schedule
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 03 10:09:49 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19477 seconds