Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Problem in creating abcdic format file
Problem in creating abcdic format file [message #342163] Thu, 21 August 2008 10:40 Go to next message
qasim845

Oracle Release 9.2.0.8.0 Windows Professional 2002
HI ..

I am in wired situation and seems not ending for me.. The problem, I am creating an ebcdic format file for the mainframe from oracle. The numeric fields need to be packed decimal. When i run the scripts from my desktop to create an ebcdic format file, it is not creating file in the right format. But if i tried that from my friend desktop by accessing the same oracle database. we are getting the correct output file. The numeric data which i am trying to convert to pack decimal values are in correct shape, while running from my desktop. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 21 August 2008 10:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in creating abcdic format file [message #342167 is a reply to message #342163] Thu, 21 August 2008 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & follow posting guidelines as stated in URL above

In the future please provide fewer facts & details so responders are more challenged in responding.

here is what we know.....
You have a problem.
some mysterious & unposted code sometimes works & sometime does not

Here is what we don't have.
Your OS name & version.
Oracle version to 4 decimal places.
The actual source code.

Why do you expect any useful answers when you provided NO useful details???????????
Re: Problem in creating abcdic format file [message #342431 is a reply to message #342163] Fri, 22 August 2008 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
I suspect that it will be related to the Nls_Parameter settings for your two Oracle Clients.

Re: Problem in creating abcdic format file [message #342631 is a reply to message #342431] Sat, 23 August 2008 07:10 Go to previous message
qasim845

Thanks for you reply. Can you tell me how to check the nls_parameter for the client. I am unable to open the registry bcz i don't have admin right on my computer.
please correct me if i am wrong, This view "V$NLS_PARAMETERS" only gives the information about server nls_parameter not for the client.
Previous Topic: calculate the max and sum value by weird way !!!
Next Topic: Table type error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 03:34:35 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12025 seconds