Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms First time Use (10g)
Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340877] Thu, 14 August 2008 14:36 Go to next message
prem18

Hi Friends,

I have installed Oracle Forms from "Oracle 10g Development Suite" in Oracle website.

I need to connect it to the database for the first time. Please let me know how to connect it.

Is there any default user name / password.

Pls help as it is needed in emergency

Thanks

Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340899 is a reply to message #340877] Thu, 14 August 2008 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you have access to the database? Where is it? How do you connect to it? If you can do that successfully, use the same credentials in Forms.

In my opinion, you should really, urgently / in emergence read the manual.
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340902 is a reply to message #340899] Thu, 14 August 2008 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem18
I have 2 Oracle Homes. One is working fine where I dont have Forms.
Now, I need to use Forms which is installed in another Oracle Home in my sys.( tha database is also installed in the same form which i cannot access, as there is no user name/pwd for the first use)
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340903 is a reply to message #340902] Thu, 14 August 2008 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem18
I went thru installation manual also. It didnt help me in finding the default user name/pwd
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340904 is a reply to message #340902] Thu, 14 August 2008 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I have 2 Oracle Homes. One is working fine where I dont have Forms.

I guess that this must be a directory into which you have installed the database. What does it mean that "it is working fine"? Can you connect to the database? If so, just use the same credentials when connecting to the Forms.

[quote]the default user name/pwd[\quote]
That might be because there's no "default" username and its password. You might, however, connect as a privileged user and check available usernames as
SELECT username FROM all_users;
You might find "scott" and/or "hr" which are pre-created schemas. If you don't know passwords, you can change them (again as a privileged user) as
ALTER USER scott IDENTIFIED BY jerry;
Now you'd use "scott/jerry" as username/password combination.

Database alias should be written in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

[EDIT: fixed quoting tags]

[Updated on: Fri, 15 August 2008 06:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340911 is a reply to message #340904] Thu, 14 August 2008 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem18
In detail:

I have set 2 Oracle Homes in my machine.

Home 1: I have installed Oracle 10g Standard Edition Version 2.0 from Oracle site 1 month ago. I have set the user name and password as provided in the installation manual and it is working fine( means I could able to connect to the database)

Home 2: In this location ( say..C:\Folder1\..) I have installed Oracle 10g Developer Suite which comes along with the database.
While installation I could not find information regarding setting of user name and password.

So, please help me out in connecting to the database in Home 2.
( Its no where connected to database installed in Home 1)

Many thanks for friends who would raise helping hand.
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340913 is a reply to message #340877] Thu, 14 August 2008 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
I realize I am wasting my time, but you really should RTFM;
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm

You seem to be treating Oracle as though it is Excel or similar trivial point & click application.

At the rate you are "learning" it will be next year before you have successfully created & deployed a single form.

Do you understand & reaqlize that you can not deploy into Production a web forms application based only Developer Suite?

If you think it is difficult getting Developer to work,
just wait until you have to install 10gAS as the middleware required to serve the developed webforms.

You don't know, what you don't know.
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #340981 is a reply to message #340911] Fri, 15 August 2008 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
prem18
I have installed Oracle 10g Developer Suite which comes along with the database.

No; Oracle 10g Developer Suite is a standalone product and does not "come along" with the database.

prem18
While installation I could not find information regarding setting of user name and password.

Right; why would you? Forms, Reports, etc. are just tools which help developers develop their applications. Through that (or any other tool, like TOAD, SQL Developer, ...) you have to connect to the database. A database user resides in the database, not in a tool.

prem18
database in Home 2 (...) is nowhere connected to database installed in Home 1

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by saying that. "Home 2" does NOT contain any database; it is a directory into which you have installed Developer Suite. By the way, you have done it correctly - every Oracle product has to be installed into its own directory (i.e. Oracle Home).
Once again: you have to provide valid credentials in Forms Builder (by pressing <Ctrl + J>, which consists of a database user username, its password and database alias.
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #341439 is a reply to message #340981] Mon, 18 August 2008 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Prem,

Have you got your connection working yet? If not, please use the 'tns_admin' environment variable to point to the working 'tnsnames.ora' file.

If you don't know what I am talking about then search this forum for 'tns_admin'.

David
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #341651 is a reply to message #341439] Tue, 19 August 2008 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem18
Cool Thanks a lot for every one who spent time my query. I finally got succeeded in logging into the database...!!!!
I did :----)

"disabled the fire wall in my laptop.."
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #341901 is a reply to message #340877] Wed, 20 August 2008 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem18
I have one more issue ..I could able to connect to db in Oracle Forms. But when i tried to run a form, I am getting tns error . what can i do
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #341909 is a reply to message #340877] Wed, 20 August 2008 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>what can i do
Provide fewer details in the future to make answering more of a challenge.
We don't know what code is in your form.
We don't know the specific error you got.

My car won't go.
Tell me how to make my car go.
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #341912 is a reply to message #340877] Wed, 20 August 2008 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prem18

While running the form on web for the first time, im getting

Error:

ORA-12560:TNS: protocol adapter error

Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #341922 is a reply to message #340877] Wed, 20 August 2008 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
12560, 00000, "TNS:protocol adapter error"
// *Cause: A generic protocol adapter error occurred.
// *Action: Check addresses used for proper protocol specification. Before
// reporting this error, look at the error stack and check for lower level
// transport errors. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the
// operation. Turn off tracing when the operation is complete.
Re: Oracle Forms First time Use [message #342006 is a reply to message #341922] Thu, 21 August 2008 01:11 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'TNS protocol adapter error'. It is a common question.

David
Previous Topic: LOV-Column Mapping Props@Run Time
Next Topic: memory usage ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 13:38:07 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09204 seconds