Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » email not delivering from pl/sql
email not delivering from pl/sql [message #337984] Sat, 02 August 2008 01:26 Go to next message
shashikoor
Hi,

In our product there is an option which will send emails automatically whenever a transcation happens.

Recently the mail server ip is changed and since then the mails are not getting delivered automatically.

We discussed with our network team & found that there is no proble from their end.
My question is how to check in PL/SQL where the problem is? whether pl/sql is interacting with the mail server properly or not? How to know?

Please help.

The setup of auto email is done by few packages and that informatioin is in the attachment. Just executing all the lines in that will configure auto email. Its a very small module.

This document I am attaching hoping that you will get a better picture in advising me the solutions .

Thanks,
shashanka.
Re: email not delivering from pl/sql [message #337990 is a reply to message #337984] Sat, 02 August 2008 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
whether pl/sql is interacting with the mail server properly or not?

Check the return code?
utl_smtp.vrfy

Quote:
This document I am attaching

There is no attachment.

Regards
Michel

Re: email not delivering from pl/sql [message #338002 is a reply to message #337990] Sat, 02 August 2008 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashikoor

Thanks for the reply.

what should be given for the 1st parameter - 'c' in utl_smtp.vrfy?

Anyway I am attaching my document here. Pls check once.

Thanks,
shashanka.

Re: email not delivering from pl/sql [message #338003 is a reply to message #338002] Sat, 02 August 2008 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
what should be given for the 1st parameter - 'c' in utl_smtp.vrfy?

Just scroll up the page I pointed.

Throw out your Java procedure and use standard one: utl_mail or ut_smtp depending on your version you didn't post (read guidelines).

Regards
Michel
Re: email not delivering from pl/sql [message #338040 is a reply to message #337984] Sat, 02 August 2008 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
Not to give useless advice, but to answer your question of how to tell

Quote:
My question is how to check in PL/SQL where the problem is? whether pl/sql is interacting with the mail server properly or not? How to know?

Let me ask you a question:

Quote:
If you were writing this piece of code brand new from scratch, how would you tell?

Seems to me same process to testing new code could be used, don't you think? Again, I am not trying to be a smarty pants, I am just pretty sure you have basic code developement skills you could put to use here.

Kevin
Re: email not delivering from pl/sql [message #338044 is a reply to message #337984] Sat, 02 August 2008 14:31 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Recently the mail server ip is changed
If the application did not change, then I suspect a problem at the mail server.

You should be able to from the database server do the following:

telnet mailserver.yourdomain.com 25
Previous Topic: Pivot hints?
Next Topic: error converting datatype varchar to float
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 22:20:53 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08889 seconds