Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Performance Issue (Oracle 10g)
Performance Issue [message #337588] Thu, 31 July 2008 06:00 Go to next message
daniel777
Hi,

i work with 2 independent Oracle 10g databases.

From db1 I receive e result of 400 entries. For every entry i have to query db2 and check corresponding data there.

Doing 400 Single Queries is very slow, so what could i do do send 400 quite similar queries at once and receiving the result like from one single query?

when I do several selct queries at once i only receive the result of the last query.

But i guess there must be a way to merge the result of 400 similar queries (similar means they have the same columns as result, only tha data in the coolumn differs)

So what do you propose to improve the performance here ?

Many thanks
Re: Performance Issue [message #337591 is a reply to message #337588] Thu, 31 July 2008 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Create one query that gives you the results you want.

Depending on the data and the queries either with joins or with unions. (over a dblink if it's more than one database)

Another option would be to fire one query to each database to get the data you need and then do some data mangling on the client side.

Depends on your specific data model and environment, so there is no general answer.

Re: Performance Issue [message #337608 is a reply to message #337588] Thu, 31 July 2008 07:05 Go to previous message
Dipali Vithalani

Or otherwise, create one temporary table on DB2,Create a procedure to fill the results of the queries in that table.
Instade of 400 individual calls, do one call for that procedure and then one to that temporary table...

This is just scenario.. Implement this according your business logic, if possible..

Regards,
Dipali.
Previous Topic: How to track DML operations
Next Topic: Fetching Cursor problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 15:49:41 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09017 seconds