Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » PLSQL Procedure
PLSQL Procedure [message #337245] Wed, 30 July 2008 05:04 Go to next message
kmkumar24
Hello,

I am new to PLSQL developer. I need help to create procedure for 50 tables. Can any one pl help me how to create procedure for the Insert statement with cursors,Is there is any tool to download for the developers?

Thanks in Advance
Kumar

[Updated on: Wed, 30 July 2008 05:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337254 is a reply to message #337245] Wed, 30 July 2008 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
As for your previous topic:
Michel Cadot wrote on Wed, 30 July 2008 11:59
PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference
Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals
SQL Reference, CREATE PROCEDURE

Regards
Michel

Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337269 is a reply to message #337245] Wed, 30 July 2008 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
kmkumar24 wrote on Wed, 30 July 2008 12:04
Hello,

I am new to PLSQL developer. I need help to create procedure for 50 tables. Can any one pl help me how to create procedure for the Insert statement with cursors,Is there is any tool to download for the developers?

Thanks in Advance
Kumar

This is all a tad vague.
What is a "procedure for 50 tables"?
What do you mean by :insert statement with cursors"?

What tool are you looking for?
Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337430 is a reply to message #337269] Wed, 30 July 2008 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmkumar24
Thanks for everyone for the reply.

Hello Frank,

I was asked to do the data migration using the plsql querries. For that I have to write procedure, to migrate One table column to the other table column owned by another user. There was around 50 tables which needs to be migrated and all the tables having so many columns. So, I asked whether any specific tool to download to generate of those scripts for creation of the procedures.

I hope this clarifies your doubt. Pl let me know if you have any question.

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar
Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337431 is a reply to message #337245] Wed, 30 July 2008 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & follow Posting Guideline as stated in URL above

>I was asked to do the data migration
Not completely clear.
Does 1 source row become 1 new target row (as in doing INSERT)?

>using the plsql querries.
Who dictated the (ab)use of PL/SQL?

>For that I have to write procedure, to migrate One table column to the other table column owned by another user.
What decides/controls which table & column goes to which table & column?

>Pl let me know if you have any question
Why can't/don't you just use INSERT statement?

What specific metrics would an independent observer use to conclude this issue has really been (re)solved?

You have NOT provided a quantifiable solution to be obtained.
icon12.gif  Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337468 is a reply to message #337431] Thu, 31 July 2008 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmkumar24
Yes I am moving the data from one table column to another table column. Any kind of statement can be used for that like insert but it has having so much of conditions to check before it moves the data.

source TableName: OS_AGENCY_USER
Source Table Column: USER_ID

Target Table Name: PV_USERPREF
Target Table Column: USERID
Condition : (Select USERID from PV_USER where USERNAME = [OS_AGENCY_USER.USER_ID]

Definition for above Table column is: The column USER_ID from source table OS_AGENCY_USER data goes to Target Table PV_USERPREF column USERID satisfying with the conidtion given.

I hope this helps to understand.

I need to write querry to perform this task for various kind of conditions and for many tables.
Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337551 is a reply to message #337245] Thu, 31 July 2008 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmkumar24
Does Anyone help me ?????
Re: PLSQL Procedure [message #337560 is a reply to message #337551] Thu, 31 July 2008 04:28 Go to previous message
Frank
I am still not sure what it is you are looking for.
You state that you cannot use simple inserts, due to a number of varying conditions.
Then what do you picture by having a 'procedure' to do it? It might help if you could show us what you tried so far, and tell us where you think it is flawed.
Previous Topic: SQL Error
Next Topic: pls explain
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 16:55:41 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.22201 seconds