Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Detail Block Problem (Forms 6i)
Detail Block Problem [message #336844] Tue, 29 July 2008 03:33 Go to next message
astaputra
Hello,

I have one control block, in that 3 text boxes and LOVs are attached and a button to populate details. I will select any one and press submit button, then it will populate related detail records and show it in detailed block. In that user has chance to change or update Received Order and press save, then it has to update only received order for that particular Order No.

if i have 3 rows in detail table, then it is creating 3 more rows same as existing.

I dont need to create new rows i need to only update.
Can any one help me in this issue please.

Thanks
Akash

[Updated on: Tue, 29 July 2008 04:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Detail Block Problem [message #336875 is a reply to message #336844] Tue, 29 July 2008 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Regarding information you've provided, it is difficult to guess what might be wrong. I suspect that there's INSERT INTO statement somewhere which creates the same records as the ones that exist in the database. As "storing changes" is Forms default behaviour, there's no need for additional INSERT INTO statement.

Furthermore, if there was a primary key on the table, you'd probably get DUP-VAL-ON-INDEX error.

However, if that's not the case, I have no idea.
Re: Detail Block Problem [message #336879 is a reply to message #336844] Tue, 29 July 2008 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rakesh.oracle
if u send to me .fmb file for that i can help u

[Updated on: Tue, 29 July 2008 05:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Detail Block Problem [message #336909 is a reply to message #336879] Tue, 29 July 2008 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
astaputra
Hi Rakesh and Littlefoot,
thanks for your suggestion. Sure rakesh i will definetly send you the fmb. Please give me some time. Right now i am in meeting. Once i am back, i will send it to you.

Once again thanks for your guidance guys.

Take care

Bye
Akash
Re: Detail Block Problem [message #337562 is a reply to message #336909] Thu, 31 July 2008 04:31 Go to previous message
astaputra
Hi Rakesh and Littlefoot,
First of all very very sorry for deley in reply. Problem was solved. I didnt used any high fundas. Just i made control blocks and in the key_commit, i am directly updating the column which i need to update by taking that particular po number thats all.

once again thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks and take care

Akash
Previous Topic: D2K Report not run
Next Topic: Leading Zeros when exporting from forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 02:22:10 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12916 seconds