Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel
Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #335250] Mon, 21 July 2008 11:01 Go to next message
Signum
Hi everyone.

I'm currently working on a form which can export data to an Excel file. I use "CLIENT_OLE2" in order to do that. However, it seems it doesn't work. I'm using Forms 10 and Database 10g too.

On the Java Console, I got this message :

2008-juil.-21  17:24:26.343 WUO[setProperty()] Setting property WUO_OLE2_OBJNAME to Excel.Application

2008-juil.-21  17:24:26.343 WUO[getProperty()] Getting property WUO_OLE2_CREATE_OBJ

2008-juil.-21  17:24:43.640 WUO[setProperty()] Setting property WUO_OLE2_RELEASE_OBJ to 337

Exception occurred during event dispatching:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

at oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions.release_obj(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions.setProperty(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.ComponentItem.setCustomProperty(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.ComponentItem.onUpdate(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.JavaContainer.onUpdate(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onUpdate(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onUpdateHandler(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processEventEnd(Unknown Source)

at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Here is the code from the form module :

Declare
   app CLIENT_OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
Begin
   app:=CLIENT_OLE2.CREATE_OBJ('Excel.Application');
   message(app);
   CLIENT_OLE2.Release_Obj(app);
   message('test2');
End;

When I call "CLIENT_OLE2.Create_Obj", it worked (I can see it with the Excel process on the process list) but whenever I use the Excel object (i.e "app" variable in my example), nothing happen (or should I say that the program stopped when I called "Release_Obj" or whatever the function/procedure. If I use "app", then the "message('test2')" instruction doesn't work). I tried the other Webutil functions (WEBUTIL_HOST, WEBUTIL_FILE, etc...) and there is no problem, so Webutil is correctly installed.

So, what's the problem here ? Are there another way to export data to Excel ?

Thanks for your help ^^
Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #335258 is a reply to message #335250] Mon, 21 July 2008 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Are you sure you can use app as a parameter for message() ? Isn't that the point where it errors out?
Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #335281 is a reply to message #335250] Mon, 21 July 2008 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Signum
I'm sure about it. It displays a number (Maybe it's the process number or something like that) and it's not equal to 0 when I try. Even if I change "message(app)" by "message('something')", there would be the same error when I try to use "app" in a function/procedure like "CLIENT_OLE2.Set_Property" or "CLIENT_OLE2.Release_Obj".

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2008 12:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #335297 is a reply to message #335250] Mon, 21 July 2008 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaeluan
Maybe you can try to Quit the application before releasing the object

client_OLE2.INVOKE(app, 'Quit');
  client_OLE2.RELEASE_OBJ(app);

Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #335308 is a reply to message #335250] Mon, 21 July 2008 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Signum
I just tried to quit the application before releasing the object but I got the same error :/ I don't know what's wrong... The only thing I can do is to create an object...
Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #335646 is a reply to message #335250] Wed, 23 July 2008 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Signum
I just got another solution : Now, I'm using CLIENT_TEXT_IO and create a .CSV file instead of a .XLS file Razz It works fine ^^
Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #340257 is a reply to message #335646] Tue, 12 August 2008 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mudabbir

For the CLIENT_OLE2 functionality to work using WEBUTIL , you have to use jacob.You can search the internet for jacob. read the document attached...
  • Attachment: web_util.pdf
    (Size: 1.12MB, Downloaded 1724 times)
Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #384189 is a reply to message #335646] Mon, 02 February 2009 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimr1234567890
I can save the file out to disk no problems.

What I wanted was to open the resulting file with the correct application.

I tried (for an excel generated file):
v_app := client_ole2.create_obj ('Excel.Application');

When the package gets to client_ole2.create_obj it crashes when executing it locally. Appears to work fine on the server.

The client_ole2.create_obj gets around to calling:
v_javaHandle := WebUtil_Core.getProperty(WebUtil_Core.WUO_PACKAGE,'WUO_OLE2_CREATE_OBJ');

This WebUtil_Core.getProperty gets around to calling:
result := GET_CUSTOM_PROPERTY(bean,1,propertyName);

At this point my application stops/freezes. The 'propertyName' at this point equal: WUO_OLE2_CREATE_OBJ

Any reason what is missing? I am using the stander Webutil 1.0.6 and the Jacob 1.8 files.

Re: Use of Webutil Library to export to Excel [message #384440 is a reply to message #384189] Tue, 03 February 2009 19:08 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post your code.

How do you know that this is the statement that is causing the failure?

Search this forum for 'client_ole2.create_obj' plus other keywords that you have used and see how other people have handled it.

David
Previous Topic: LOV validation
Next Topic: show_windows not work ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 20:28:14 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14127 seconds