Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Help :: Very Complicated Query
Help :: Very Complicated Query [message #3021] Fri, 30 August 2002 07:11 Go to next message
Sal wheelar
It's weird requirement.

The following Query works Okay.

select c.GenericName, d.Form, d.Strength, c.ItemId "NewItemId", a.ItemId "MainItemId", e.DisplayDispenseSize, a.PrimaryAHFS, a.Formularystatus, a.RefillLimit, a.DaysRxValid, a.PrimaryAHFSDescription, a.MaxRefills,
from ItemInventory a, ItemTherapyDefault b, ItemInventory c, MasterInventory d, ItemTherapyDefault e
where a.ItemId=b.ItemId
and a.ItemId=1567
and b.ItFluid=c.Mnemonic(+)
and c.GenericCode=d.GenericCode(+)
and a.FacilityCode=c.FacilityCode
and c.ItemId=e.ItemId and e.ServiceType=b.ServiceType and e.TherapyType=b.TherapyType
Order By a.ItemId, b.ServiceType, b.TherapyType

I can explain this query little bit..
ItemInventory a and ItemTherapyDefault b are tables in first join. Now based on one column value in ItemTherapyDefault I have to get new rows from ItemInventory and with the new values from ItemInventory I have to again go to ItemTherapyDefault table. It is like closed loop.

The above query works only when there is data in b.ItFluid column.

I tried to make outer join like following

select c.GenericName, d.Form, d.Strength, c.ItemId "NewItemId", a.ItemId "MainItemId", e.DisplayDispenseSize, a.PrimaryAHFS, a.Formularystatus, a.RefillLimit, a.DaysRxValid, a.PrimaryAHFSDescription, a.MaxRefills,
b.ServiceType, b.TherapyType,
from ItemInventory a, ItemTherapyDefault b, iteminventory c, masterinventory d, ItemTherapyDefault e
where a.ItemId=b.ItemId
and a.ItemId=688
and b.ItFluid=c.Mnemonic(+)
and c.GenericCode=d.GenericCode(+)
and a.FacilityCode=c.FacilityCode(+)
and c.ItemId=e.ItemId(+) and b.ServiceType=e.ServiceType(+) and b.TherapyType=e.TherapyType(+)
Order By a.ItemId, b.ServiceType, b.TherapyType

I am getting here as Error as
" A table may be outer joined to at most one other table"

Any ideas ????????????

Thanks
Re: Help :: Very Complicated Query [message #3074 is a reply to message #3021] Tue, 03 September 2002 03:57 Go to previous message
Mark
Would using a VIEW help here - then you could break your query down a bit.

Use an outer join to bring back all the records you require - then query that view using another outer join.
Previous Topic: calculte the hours :minutes:sec
Next Topic: autonomous_transaction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:46:26 CDT 2024