Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Capturing SQL statements to a log table. (10.2)
Capturing SQL statements to a log table. [message #331201] Wed, 02 July 2008 10:06 Go to next message
bpeasey
Hi,

I'm looking for a method to capture the SQL (with Bind variables) for a specific series of actions taken by an application. The goal is use the SQL statements to create scripts for a weekly application build.

I tried the SQL Trace and DBMS_MONITOR.DATABASE_TRACE_ENABLE/DISABLE. It was helpful in indentifying the tables involved, but only showed one statement type per table. I'm certain there where dozens of actual inserts/updates.

I was hoping to use a trigger 'on schema' to capture the sql text but database level triggers don't allow on update, delete, insert attributes.

I could capture the before and after versions of the tables involved then compare the contents, but I'm hoping for a method to capture the actual SQL statements.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Brian
Re: Capturing SQL statements to a log table. [message #331204 is a reply to message #331201] Wed, 02 July 2008 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Pete Finnigan, How to set trace for others sessions, for your own session and at instance level

Regards
Michel

Re: Capturing SQL statements to a log table. [message #331254 is a reply to message #331204] Wed, 02 July 2008 15:16 Go to previous message
bpeasey
Hi Michel,

Thanks for the link.

I eventually went with FGA..

--enable auditing
alter system set audit_trail = db SCOPE=SPFILE;

--bounce db

--login as sysdba

--create audit policy
BEGIN
  DBMS_FGA.add_policy(
    object_schema   => 'XYZ',