Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express & MOD_PLSQL » Retrieve user ID from the current Oracle session (Apex 10g)
Retrieve user ID from the current Oracle session [message #329984] Fri, 27 June 2008 03:31 Go to next message

I need to assign username from the current user to the text field in the project. I use the function "user" but all times it gives me back value "ANONYMOUS". We are small callcentrum and our telephonists fill-in the information in projects. It would be fine if I could see, how much records have done each of the telephonists. So I added text field telephonist to the project and want to autofill this field using function user.
Each of the telephonists log into the project using his own username and password and I dont know, why this function gives me back value ANONYMOUS.

I am not familiar with apex yet, by the way, so please if you could help me...I would be grateful.
Re: Retrieve user ID from the current Oracle session [message #330193 is a reply to message #329984] Fri, 27 June 2008 19:00 Go to previous message
andrew again
"user" is a pseudo column just like sysdate. The Apex variable holding the Apex user name used during Apex login is APP_USER.

Previous Topic: pass a cookie from one dad to another
Next Topic: authentication required window pl/sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 01 07:19:01 CST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08647 seconds