Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII (Release 9.2.0.6.0 - 64bit Production)
RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII [message #329392] Wed, 25 June 2008 05:38 Go to next message
sidkolar
Messages: 5
Registered: June 2008
Junior Member
HI I am getting this error shown below while cloning a QA database using the production one.

even after exporting NLS_LANG and ORA_NLS33

export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
and export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data



RMAN-04006: error from auxiliary database: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01116: error in opening database file 1
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/san/vol2/oradata/disodsdv/system01.dbf'
ORA-27041: unable to open file
SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
Additional information: 3
RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII

Re: RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII [message #329398 is a reply to message #329392] Wed, 25 June 2008 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Messages: 10672
Registered: March 2002
Location: oracleDocoVille
Senior Member
Account Moderator
Are the target and auxillary instances of same oracle version?
Re: RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII [message #329401 is a reply to message #329398] Wed, 25 June 2008 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sidkolar
Messages: 5
Registered: June 2008
Junior Member
HI Mahesh,

Few days before i upgraded the QA database to oracle10g.since we need to maintain the data of prod and QA in sync,o i dropped all the datafiles from QA started restoring from production.
Before running restore command, i set the ORACLE_HOME to 9i, and also using 9i pfile. Please let me know where i am going wrong.

Thanks
Sid
Re: RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII [message #329407 is a reply to message #329401] Wed, 25 June 2008 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Messages: 10672
Registered: March 2002
Location: oracleDocoVille
Senior Member
Account Moderator
>> i set the ORACLE_HOME to 9i, and also using 9i pfile.
Did you check the listener?
Something might be talking using 10g.
>> even after exporting NLS_LANG and ORA_NLS33
Try using ORA_NLS10 instead of ORA_NLS33
Re: RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII [message #329424 is a reply to message #329407] Wed, 25 June 2008 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sidkolar
Messages: 5
Registered: June 2008
Junior Member
Actually it was listening to 9i listener. But the database has been registered in ORACLE NAMES SERVER. I unregistered it made it use oracle9i listener.

If i do a tnsping its using oracle9i tnsnames.ora file and listener.

TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on 25-JUN-2008 08:09:08

Copyright (c) 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
/apps/oracle/product/9.2/network/admin/sqlnet.ora


Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (description=(address=(protocol=TCP)(host=aries.lvs.dupont.com)(port=1526))(connect_data=(sid=disodsdv)))
OK (0 msec)


Please see the results.


Thanks and regards
Sidh

Re: RMAN-04015: error setting target database character set to US7ASCII [message #329582 is a reply to message #329392] Wed, 25 June 2008 23:25 Go to previous message
sidkolar
Messages: 5
Registered: June 2008
Junior Member
Mahesh

Thanks for your help, Finally it worked for me and i am able to restore my database now.

The problem was due to the enrty in oracle10g tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files and also multiple instances were running in the server for same database .

Thanks and regards
Sidh
Previous Topic: RMAN restore database from another backup of different database name
Next Topic: RMAN section size
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 02 19:05:52 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08950 seconds