Home » Server Options » Data Guard » How Archivelogs applies to standby database from primary (oracle 9i/10g)
How Archivelogs applies to standby database from primary [message #325758] Sun, 08 June 2008 07:07 Go to next message
shrivijayan
Hi all,
I had an interview question that

"how archivelogs are transferred from primary to standby and applied"

i answered "through tns entry of standby in primary"

but the person requires some other additional information from me.
Please help me in this regard.

Regards
Mani
Re: How Archivelogs applies to standby database from primary [message #325760 is a reply to message #325758] Sun, 08 June 2008 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asangapradeep
Hi,

Hope this helps and good luck with the interviews
Re: How Archivelogs applies to standby database from primary [message #325960 is a reply to message #325760] Mon, 09 June 2008 13:44 Go to previous message
shrivijayan
Hi AsangaPradeep,
Excellent Man! The document you shown is really good and clearly explains how the archive logs are transmitted.

Even though we know that there are enough docs available in either net or in oracle.com, we did not get proper topics related to what we need exactly. But only through senior guys and the moderator of orafaq.com guys can help like this to me like junior oracle guys.

Thanks a lot for you both(Pradeep and orafaq.com).

Regards,
Mani
Previous Topic: getting back to maximum availabilty
Next Topic: can any post me INIT.ORA file for PRIMARY AND STANDBY DATABASE BOTH.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 15 22:29:52 CDT 2024