Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Information:How project database with Oracle to send on a server
Information:How project database with Oracle to send on a server [message #323889] Thu, 29 May 2008 23:35 Go to next message
noninoni
Hi everybody,
im newcomer and i wish to enjoy this forun as long as possible.
Im working in agency travel in database project with Microsoft Access(sorry but im looking forward to use Oracle)
yesterday my boss asked me whisi the best way to put our database on a server,he wishes that our database stay on a server and so our employee would connect on server to use
the database without install a file.exe on employee's computer.I have not knowledge about that as i think Access is poor so
my boss adviced me "if you must change software to project the database and put it on a server so go ahead".
I read some news about his request so im here to write down on Oracle forum 'cos i wish project the database with Oracle
and after develop it with others software and put it on server.
I ask you some advice,idea,suggestion on How project my database with Oracle and after develop it so as to put it on server
and every employee can enjoy it .
Sorry i got poor knowledge if there is somebody to help me i would be so happy.
Thanks so much in anticipate
CIao Ciao
P.S: i accept each kind of advices Smile
Re: Information:How project database with Oracle to send on a server [message #324208 is a reply to message #323889] Sat, 31 May 2008 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asangapradeep
Hi,

Decision to move to oracle is it final? There's a high Total cost of ownership (licensing fees) when it comes to oracle compared to other open source database. If it's finalized then there's not difference in terms of database structure you can have the same tables you have on access on oracle as well.
You can start by reading some documentation about sql types and etc from oracle site
Re: Information:How project database with Oracle to send on a server [message #324368 is a reply to message #324208] Mon, 02 June 2008 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Not necessarily true - If you're currently running on an Access Db, you could almost certainly swith to Oracle XE, which is a free version of the database.
Re: Information:How project database with Oracle to send on a server [message #324374 is a reply to message #323889] Mon, 02 June 2008 03:53 Go to previous message
noninoni
Hi all
thanks to answered me,
the decision to move to Oracle is final so im downloading the Oracle ver. Xe to try it .After i will develop my project with VIsual Studio about form and repoert and create the application.exe to install on each computer and work right.
I need some advices cos i got a poor knowledge on this field is somebody can advice me some idea i will be glad for that.
I wish you happy work
Ciao ciao Cool
Previous Topic: problem writing in correlated subquery
Next Topic: Adding a millisecond to timestamp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 01:18:54 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07711 seconds