Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » oracle cluster (oracle db 9i/ windows server 2003)
oracle cluster [message #322629] Sun, 25 May 2008 07:00 Go to next message
mutaz
dear all
i have the following situation and i need help,

I have two servers and one storage device, each server have private ip address and the storage device have one also, and there one public ip address for them all, the condition is: if the server-1 is on, the server-2 cant see or access the storage device directly except thru the server-1, and the storage device will appear as local hard drive in server-1(D:, F:), is the server-1 is down, the storage device automatically appear in server-2 as local hard drive with the same drive name (D:, F:)

So to run this scenario, I have to install two instance in each server, and create one database only in the storage device, so the instance on server-1 will access and read, write to it, and if server-1 is down, the drive that have oracle database will appear in server-2, so the instance in server-2 will connect to it and continue working.

How I can set instance in server-2 to connect to the database that is not created by it self, and how I can make automatic check if the database is available or not to connect to it

Re: oracle cluster [message #322645 is a reply to message #322629] Sun, 25 May 2008 13:33 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>How I can set instance in server-2 to connect to the database that is not created by it self, and how I can make automatic check if the database is available or not to connect to it

All it will take is a Small Matter Of Programming (SMOP).
If you start today, you should be done before the end of May.

Good Luck!

Please post the results back here after you completed this task.
Previous Topic: ghost tnsnames.ora
Next Topic: Oracle protocol Segement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:25:24 CDT 2024