Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » BEFORE LOGON TRIGGER (Oracle 10g)
BEFORE LOGON TRIGGER [message #321752] Wed, 21 May 2008 04:26 Go to next message
didiera
Hello friends,

I have to programatically manage access to fomrs modules via a database trigger. I have managed to find a such example. My question is how can I retrieve the .fmx program name from the v$session view or elswhere at logon time? I have run tests on my local server and found that the fields program or module only showed 'frmweb@server(TNS smetns)' when users were accessing web-based forms. The only time when these fields are more specific is when users initiate connections via applications like Toad or Tora. Is there a way for me to know what web-based forms users are trying to log-on with this method?

regards,
Didier
Re: BEFORE LOGON TRIGGER [message #321758 is a reply to message #321752] Wed, 21 May 2008 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It can't be done in a logon trigger, your form has to fill the fields using dbms_application_info then you can see it afterwards.

Regards
Michel
Re: BEFORE LOGON TRIGGER [message #321766 is a reply to message #321752] Wed, 21 May 2008 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didiera
D'accord merci.

Je tâcherai de faire une recherche sur le package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO afin de trouver une solution.

cldt,
Didier

P.S: Un peu de francophonie sur tous ces forums thechniques, c'est toujours une bouffée d'air frais! Cool

[mod edit] translated via google.
Original poster though he was being cute, but here is google's attempt to translate:

Okay thank you.

I try to do a search on the package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO to find a solution.

cldt,
Didier

PS: A little Francophonie on all these forums thechniques is always a breath of fresh air!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: BEFORE LOGON TRIGGER [message #321769 is a reply to message #321766] Wed, 21 May 2008 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Please stick to English.
Re: BEFORE LOGON TRIGGER [message #321804 is a reply to message #321766] Wed, 21 May 2008 06:33 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Un peu de francophonie sur tous ces forums thechniques, c'est toujours une bouffée d'air frais!

There is a French forum at the bottom of the page, use it if you want to post in french.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Execute immediate + Tuning this piece of code (merged)
Next Topic: Help On Instead Of triggers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 00:48:19 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.26082 seconds