Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Problem to open SQL*Plus in Windows98
Problem to open SQL*Plus in Windows98 [message #2958] Sun, 25 August 2002 23:33 Go to next message
asad
At the time of opening Sql*plus
when i type "scott" as user & "tiger" as password then press enter, it is coming - "Protocol adapter error"

how i can run sql*plus smoothly?

can anybody help me?

it may be mentioned that my PC is without internet & network in Windows98 platform.

Asad.
You need network connectivity to do that [message #2961 is a reply to message #2958] Mon, 26 August 2002 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Myers
If I understand you correctly, you're saying:
1. you have installed SQL*Plus on Win98 PC
2. this PC has no connection to the network on which
your target db can be reached.

If both of the above are true then you cannot use SQL*Plus to connect to that db. Without network or internet connectivity the only way you could use SQL*Plus on any PC would be to create an Oracle db on that PC.

Eric Myers
eric_myers@unc.edu
Re: You need network connectivity to do that [message #2969 is a reply to message #2958] Mon, 26 August 2002 22:19 Go to previous message
asad
Thank you Dear Eric Myers for your reply, But my prob is still now.

If i want to create a Db in my own PC, how is it possible? beacause when i trying to access in SQL*Plus
it asking for userID & PW, then i put sytem/manager or scott/tiger or demo/demo, it is coming protocol adapter error.

Can you plese tell me what command should i apply to create a new DB in my own PC?
B/Rgds,
Asad.
Previous Topic: query
Next Topic: PL/SQL Problem!!! :(
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:23:05 CDT 2024