Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » DB Links and Jboss XA connection (Oracle 10g running in shared mode)
icon8.gif  DB Links and Jboss XA connection [message #320685] Thu, 15 May 2008 19:07 Go to next message
abeer83
I have a table that is accessing data from another oracle database via a DB Link. Now Jboss XA cannot access the data unless the database is running in shared mode. So I went in made all the changes. Now my db is running in shared mode I still keep getting

ORA-24777: use of non-migratable database link not allowed

Here is the stack trace:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24777: use of non-migratable database link not allowed

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.checkError(T2CConnection.java:676)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.checkError(T2CConnection.java:602)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CStatement.executeForDescribe(T2CStatement.java:778)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1039)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1134)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:1274)
at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeQuery(WrappedStatement.java:169)

Any ideas? I dont know what else to do. I can access the database via sqlplus but that wasnt a problem even when the db was in shared mode.

The tnsnames.ora has server=shared set in it.

Thanks!!

Re: DB Links and Jboss XA connection [message #325490 is a reply to message #320685] Fri, 06 June 2008 06:08 Go to previous message
asangapradeep
Hi,

24777, 00000, "use of non-migratable database link not allowed"

*Cause: The transaction, which needs to be migratable between sessions, tried to access a remote database from a non-multi threaded server process.

*Action: Perform the work in the local database or open a connection to the remote database from the client. If multi threaded server option is installed, connect to the Oracle instance through the dispatcher.
Previous Topic: Store Picture in Oracle with VB 6.0 Interface
Next Topic: Problem in connecting Perl with Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:18:33 CDT 2024