Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Filtering
Filtering [message #2924] Thu, 22 August 2002 06:41 Go to next message
MathewMcloughlin
ive managed to set up a variable in my data set SQL

select a.*,a.rowid
from analysis a
where (TIME_RECEIVED-TIME_TAKEN)<:no_of_days

I have also declared it, and can change it using the variables box in Object Inspector. This all works fine and it does filter the table down like I want it.

However I need to be able to change the variable from within the program. Apparently the line of code to use is

DataModuleMain.OracleDataSetAnalysis.setVariable('NO_OF_DAYS','10');

When I compile the program it doesn't give any errors although it also doesnt do anything when I run this line of code (click of a button). Do I have to activate it or similar
or am I going totally down the wrong road.

thanks
Mathew
Re: Filtering [message #2930 is a reply to message #2924] Thu, 22 August 2002 09:30 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
Mathew, this question is more appropriate for a Delphi forum, but your SQL looks fine. I'm going to guess that you are using Direct Oracle Access here by the SetVariable reference.

First off, make sure the variable is set to an Integer datatype (instead of String) in the Variables dialog. Then, in the SetVariable call, just pass in 10 instead of '10'.

Of course, you need to set DataSet.Active := True after setting the variable value to actually execute the query.
Previous Topic: VARCHAR to NUMBER conversion
Next Topic: Creating and Using Temporary Table inside pl/sql function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:41:58 CDT 2024