Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Configuration tools failed to install (Oracle 9i R2, openSUSE 10.3)
Configuration tools failed to install [message #319311] Fri, 09 May 2008 14:23 Go to next message
trw_
All four optional tools failed installation:
Oracle Net Configuration Assistant; Oracle Database Configuration Assistant; Agent Configuration Assistant; HTTP Server.

The error message is that 'version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6' and it can't create Java VM. Google search has told me that there are two main ways that people have solved this problem. Firstly, "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19". I tried it but that was a pretty bad idea for this machine considering my default kernel is actually bigger (2.6.22.5). Secondly, many people say that it requires a patch because it's a bug in the installer. I looked for the patch but, (a) it is only available to registered users of metalink.oracle.com, and (b) I'm pretty sure I downloaded the fixed version of Oracle 9 in the first place. Conclusion: I have no idea how to make these install properly.

The thing is, they are only recommended, not mandatory, so if you know of a way I can manually configure rather than using the tools, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks.
Re: Configuration tools failed to install [message #319314 is a reply to message #319311] Fri, 09 May 2008 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>(Oracle 9i R2, openSUSE 10.3)
Is this a supported combination?
Re: Configuration tools failed to install [message #319315 is a reply to message #319314] Fri, 09 May 2008 15:00 Go to previous message
trw_
Not entirely, but it seems to be okay. Up until that point everything ran smoothly enough.

I also installed Oracle 10 on a different machine of the same OS, and there is a way you can alter the system prereqs so that it accepts SuSE 10.3.

However... this alteration you can't do on Oracle 9. You think it might be posing a problem?
Previous Topic: Kernal parameters for oracle on sles10
Next Topic: Red Hat Mounting and partioning for Oracle installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:06:36 CDT 2024