Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » View access (View access issue)
View access [message #315458] Mon, 21 April 2008 09:48 Go to next message
yashora
Quote:

Hi All,

I am facing a problem on access privileges. I have 2 schemas on hand 'S1' and 'S2'. Schema S1 contains a view 'S1_V'. This view has been granted with select privilege to schema S2. For the first time, i was able to access.The problem is when that view was truncated and inserted with a record, schema S2 is facing an error in PL/SQL procedure. "Table or view does not exists". How to resolve this problem?. Everytime it was truncated an explicit grant option works out for me. When it is on live, this is not all serving me.

Regards
Yashora
Re: View access [message #315469 is a reply to message #315458] Mon, 21 April 2008 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ You quote from what?
2/ What does truncate a view mean?
3/ This is not an expert question and you'd find the answer with a little bit search.

It is clearly stated in the forum description: "Newbies should not post to this forum!"
Expert notion is defined in the sticky: Not an EXPERT? Post in the NEWBIES forum, NOT here
Expert notion is defined in the sticky: Not an EXPERT? Post in the NEWBIES forum, NOT here
Rules are described in: OraFAQ Forum Guide
Read them, follow them.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2008 10:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: View access [message #315510 is a reply to message #315458] Mon, 21 April 2008 15:27 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
error in PL/SQL procedure ... an explicit grant option works out for me

It seems that you've run into a trap (kind of); privileges granted through roles won't work in PL/SQL procedures.
Previous Topic: Char Versus Varchar
Next Topic: Materialized View refresh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 20:52:38 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04865 seconds