Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Os authentification on oracle database using MS ACCESS and oracle ODBC (oracle 9i,solaris and windows XP)
Os authentification on oracle database using MS ACCESS and oracle ODBC [message #311368] Fri, 04 April 2008 05:00 Go to next message
koff10
Hi all,

Here is my scenario:
I Set on my solaris OS and oracle 9i database os authenfication .
Os authentification works fine both from my windows XP client and solaris too.

Now I created oracle ODBC source and Try to connect to my Oracle database via MS ACCESS.

I got a connect prompt to supply account and password but I would like only os authentification.

I get error like this : ODBC-- call failed

OF course It works fine with "user and password. "

Is someone know the matter ?

thanks
koff10
Re: Os authentification on oracle database using MS ACCESS and oracle ODBC [message #311386 is a reply to message #311368] Fri, 04 April 2008 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You must not have defined a user name and password on yuor DSN and give empty strings for this parameters on connection and of course having an Oracle account associated to your Windows one.

Forget: your remote_os_authent parameter should be set to true.

Of course, this is the GREATEST security hole you can create.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2008 06:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Os authentification on oracle database using MS ACCESS and oracle ODBC [message #311399 is a reply to message #311386] Fri, 04 April 2008 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koff10
Michel Cadot wrote on Fri, 04 April 2008 13:02
You must not have defined a user name and password on yuor DSN and give empty strings for this parameters on connection and of course having an Oracle account associated to your Windows one.

Forget: your remote_os_authent parameter should be set to true.

Of course, this is the GREATEST security hole you can create.

Regards
Michel

I said that os_authentification works fine from my client windows XP while trying to connect to my oracle database.

The matter is about ODBC source.
Why ODBC source setting can't authentified by OS ?
koff
Re: Os authentification on oracle database using MS ACCESS and oracle ODBC [message #311414 is a reply to message #311399] Fri, 04 April 2008 07:38 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Did you set it as I said?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: client ip adress connected on my database
Next Topic: Listner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:17:05 CDT 2024