Home » Other » Marketplace » Need your guidance and valuable suggestions
Need your guidance and valuable suggestions [message #658672] Thu, 22 December 2016 20:55 Go to next message
khushi_1231
Hello All,

This is regarding my career. I am having a career break of 7 years.
Before that, I had worked as a Pl/Sql Developer in Maintainenance Project and my work experience is of 3 years.
I had worked with oracle database 9i version with Toad in writing programs of pl/sql.

I want to back in the market but feeling lost.
I saw job requirements. I feel only Pl/Sql coding is not enough to get a job.
Feeling too lost and cluless.
Please guide me what extra should I prepare to get a decent job.

Thanks much in advance,
Looking for your suggestions.
-Mahek
Re: Need your guidance and valuable suggestions [message #658678 is a reply to message #658672] Fri, 23 December 2016 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, Oracle Forms 6i (yes, that's an old version) is still broadly used in your country. As your current knowledge covers (only) PL/SQL, perhaps you could install Developer Suite 6i. Note that it can't be downloaded any more; contact Oracle, they might provide it for you. If not, see if someone you know has the installation CD so that you could educate yourself. You'll need a database - download 11gXE, it'll be just fine.

Review some tutorials (there's bunch of them on YouTube). Along with Forms (which use pure PL/SQL so you should be familiar with that), Developer Suite contains Reports Builder, and there you need mostly & only SQL.

Alternatively, check Application Express (Apex). It is - by default - installed along with 11gXE database so you can start writing applications right away. Or, ask for a free account on apex.oracle.com. There's also an Apex community on OTN forums, in case you'd need some help or assistance.
Re: Need your guidance and valuable suggestions [message #658692 is a reply to message #658678] Fri, 23 December 2016 04:04 Go to previous message
khushi_1231
Thank u so much Smile
Previous Topic: Redesigned Object Editors and Database Search in dbForge Studio for MySQL 7.2
Next Topic: You work with SQL application? Here are the books you need
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:42:29 CDT 2024