Home » Other » Training & Certification » Need some guidelines (PL/SQL)
Need some guidelines [message #567030] Sun, 23 September 2012 04:06 Go to next message
shumail
Hi All

I have more than 3 years of experience as a Oracle Developer but unfortunately when I came in Canada 5 years ago then I changed my career from Oracle developer to Computer Technician because I didn't find Oracle job. Now after a 5 years I have found job as an Oracle Developer but I am not in touch with my field for the last 5 years so that I am wondering that I cannot retain this job. I have to join my new job after 20 days and if you people suggest me some material for study before joining this job then I will really appreciate it. Thanks

Regards

Shumail

Re: Need some guidelines [message #567033 is a reply to message #567030] Sun, 23 September 2012 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

"Oracle Developer" isn't really very specific.

Will you be developing client-side apps in Oracle Forms?
Will you be developing server-side apps in PL/SQL?
Will you be developing in Application Express?
Will you be developing in Java?

I could go on, but I won't. Without knowing more about the type of development you will be doing, it is impossible to make any useful suggestions.
Re: Need some guidelines [message #567060 is a reply to message #567033] Sun, 23 September 2012 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shumail
Thanks for the reply, I just received my exact job description and it is related to server-side apps in PL/SQL. Thanks
Re: Need some guidelines [message #567061 is a reply to message #567060] Sun, 23 September 2012 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

For server-side PL/SQL, I'd suggest getting (and reading) Oracle PL/SQL Programming: Covers Versions Through Oracle Database 11g Release 2 by Steven Feuerstein and Bill Pribyl. You might also look at the topics for the 1Z0-144 Oracle certification. Whether or not you actually pursue the certification, the topic list is a good source of the basic knowledge that PL/SQL developers should have.

You might also spend some time at http://www.plsqlchallenge.com
Re: Need some guidelines [message #567342 is a reply to message #567061] Wed, 26 September 2012 19:21 Go to previous message
shumail
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help.
Previous Topic: SOA BPEL Self Learning DVD's available
Next Topic: OCA & OCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:13:42 CDT 2024