Home » Other » Training & Certification » Best book for exam 1Z0-147
Best book for exam 1Z0-147 [message #438983] Wed, 13 January 2010 06:51 Go to next message
momer79
Hi,

I am wondering if someone can pls recommend the best book for exam 1Z0-147?

I have found one book on amazon called "OCP Developer PL/SQL Program Units Exam Guide by Steve O'Hearn and Jason Couchman" but people are not giving good reviews as it doesn cover all the topics.

Can anyone who has passed this exam would like to share his/her experience?

Thanks
Re: Best book for exam 1Z0-147 [message #439569 is a reply to message #438983] Mon, 18 January 2010 07:45 Go to previous message
Skere
Hello, I'm the author of "OCP Developer PL/SQL Program Units Exam Guide", and wanted to set the record straight regarding the previous comment.

First, it's not true that "people are not giving good reviews", on the contrary, the book has been praised repeatedly - it has 4.5 out of 5 stars, resulting from dozens of reviews over a period of several years now. The same is true in other online book forums, as well as various print outlets.

Second, and more to the point: the book was NOT - I repeat - NOT - written for the 1Z0-147 exam, but for an older exam that is no longer available. The book was written and published in 2002, and at that time, 1Z0-147 didn't yet exist. But since then, many readers have found my book to be the best available book out there to address 1Z0-147.

Third - it's true that Amazon has listed Jason Couchman as either an author or co-author of the book, but he wasn't involved - that's a mistake at Amazon. I'm the sole author, along with the typical team that included a technical editor, etc.

It is true that my book, written years before 1Z0-147 was published, does not happen to address all of the topics on 1Z0-147. But it's an outstanding book, very easy to read, and it is close enough to 1Z0-147 that many people have passed that exam easily using my book.
Previous Topic: oracle apps developer
Next Topic: Is really wilshire is providing good training in hyderabad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:52:21 CDT 2024