Home » Other » Training & Certification » Oracle 12C 1z0-061 certification
Oracle 12C 1z0-061 certification [message #642773] Fri, 18 September 2015 12:51 Go to previous message
dkennedy76
I found this exam extremely difficult and I failed.
I have been working in databases (Sybase for a few years and now Oracle for about eight). I have been writing sql queries, procedures, and packages for several years and I currently develop for a 24/7 database that's pretty involved, so I felt comfortable in a lot of areas, but knew that there were areas that required more study because I don't use them.
I bought the Oracle Press book OCA Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals Exam Guide (1Z0-061) by Roopesh Ramklass. After studying the book and taking the provided test exam a few times, I felt like I was prepared enough to get the 65%. I was not. I got 61%.
Some of the questions were, to me, ridiculous, and in some cases very time-consuming. This led to me feeling like I couldn't spend too much time on any one question. 75 questions in 120 minutes is not that much time with the way this is written. And I'm usually a good test-taker and fairly fast. The things I felt were a little ridiculous and time-consuming were the ones that required me to spend too much time studying 5 possible sql answers and trying to match two that provide the same results. These were very tough to get through in an appropriate amount of time. Were there some short answer questions? Yes. But some were confusing as well. I don't know how long this exam has been out, but a couple I would argue were incorrect. They would ask for three items out of five and I could swear that 4 were true.
So what's the point? I have four points.
1. Study closely and pay attention to all the query questions that deal with finding two queries that do the same thing, or picking one that matches all the conditions. I thought I did that, but that's not how it turned out. Many of these are very tricky.
2. The book was not enough preparation and now that I have taken the test, I would not recommend it.
3. The exam is very long and I hope that Oracle gets enough feedback to understand that and also verifies all the questions again since I can think of two that might have been wrong.
4. I knew all of the sql that was displayed in this exam and yet I still got some wrong. That is very disconcerting since I don't know how to study for it. I guess I was not good at reading the problems or interpreting the question. Anyway, pay very close attention to the questions and the syntax differences.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 September 2015 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Learn hands on training on oracle apps SCM,FINANCE