Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » client_get_file_name error (10g Application Server win xp)
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #344003 is a reply to message #342672] Thu, 28 August 2008 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaeluan
I am guessing something here, cause i know some peoples getting problem with Firefox and WebForms.
Did you try running your form using Internet Explorer? and also make sure Your Yahoo toolbar and Windows are not blocking popup cause it may cause you some problem
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #344223 is a reply to message #344003] Fri, 29 August 2008 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgadas.menon
Thanks for the observation..

Can you tell me how can I make the Explorer my default browser for forms. Which file in the form will have to be edited?

I have checked the default.env file but that does not have setting for the browser

Re: client_get_file_name error [message #344228 is a reply to message #344003] Fri, 29 August 2008 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgadas.menon
nope...not working

Tried IE as the default browser....any other parameters I can check?
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #344231 is a reply to message #343988] Fri, 29 August 2008 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgadas.menon
I dreaded such a response from your side.. Sad ...

I tried using IE as the default browser but the error still persists..did all that you had mentioned...

It is surprising that it is working at your end...hmm let me check other sources if something comes up

Thanks for all the assistance and time..

Re: client_get_file_name error [message #344232 is a reply to message #343988] Fri, 29 August 2008 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgadas.menon
dreaded such a response from your side.. Sad ...

I tried using IE as the default browser but the error still persists..did all that you had mentioned...

It is surprising that it is working at your end...hmm let me check other sources if something comes up

Thanks for all the assistance and time..
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #346112 is a reply to message #343988] Sat, 06 September 2008 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgadas.menon
Hi,

Atlast I was able to remove the error..I copied the object library (not sub - classed it) and the error went away but there are a few more things unsolved.

Here is the Java console reading..

Java Console Readings

Oracle JInitiator: Version 1.3.1.22
Using JRE version 1.3.1.22-internal Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Dd

Proxy Configuration: no proxy

JAR cache enabled
     Maximum size: 50 MB
     Compression level: 0

----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
q:   hide console
s:   dump system properties
t:   dump thread list
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>

Loading http://dd-fd704ff99925:8889/forms/java/frmall_jinit.jar from JAR cache

Loading http://dd-fd704ff99925:8889/forms/java/frmwebutil.jar from JAR cache

Loading http://dd-fd704ff99925:8889/forms/java/jacob.jar from JAR cache

proxyHost=null

proxyPort=0

connectMode=HTTP, native.

Forms Applet version is : 10.1.2.0

*2008-Sep-06  11:25:02.135 ERROR>WUC-18 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Invalid URL e:\oracle_developer_suite\forms/jacob.dll*

*2008-Sep-06  11:25:02.166 ERROR>WUC-18 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Invalid URL e:\oracle_developer_suite\forms/JNIsharedstubs.dll*

*2008-Sep-06  11:25:02.198 ERROR>WUC-18 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Invalid URL e:\oracle_developer_suite\forms/d2kwut60.dll*

The second canvas contains a push button and this code in the WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED trigger

declare	
	n varchar2(100);	
begin

n:=	client_get_file_name('D1', null, 'All Files (*.*)|*.*|',null,open_file,true);
	message('This are the files '||n)	;
	message('');	
end;

Where will I find these paths (I checked all the files in the /forms/server folder) and why isn't the second canvas appearing?
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #346115 is a reply to message #343988] Sat, 06 September 2008 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
durgadas.menon
Hi,

I managed to remove the error by coping the webutil object class (not subclassing it) but not able to see the second canvas which contains the button

Quote:
Java Console Readings

Oracle JInitiator: Version 1.3.1.22
Using JRE version 1.3.1.22-internal Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Dd

Proxy Configuration: no proxy

JAR cache enabled
Maximum size: 50 MB
Compression level: 0

c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
q: hide console
s: dump system properties
t: dump thread list
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>

Loading http://dd-fd704ff99925:8889/forms/java/frmall_jinit.jar from JAR cache

Loading http://dd-fd704ff99925:8889/forms/java/frmwebutil.jar from JAR cache

Loading http://dd-fd704ff99925:8889/forms/java/jacob.jar from JAR cache

proxyHost=null

proxyPort=0

connectMode=HTTP, native.

Forms Applet version is : 10.1.2.0

*2008-Sep-06 11:25:02.135 ERROR>WUC-18 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Invalid URL e:\oracle_developer_suite\forms/jacob.dll*

*2008-Sep-06 11:25:02.166 ERROR>WUC-18 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Invalid URL e:\oracle_developer_suite\forms/JNIsharedstubs.dll*

*2008-Sep-06 11:25:02.198 ERROR>WUC-18 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Invalid URL e:\oracle_developer_suite\forms/d2kwut60.dll*

as seen in the screen host attached now the error is not there but when i press ok it does not go to the next canvas...what can be the reason for the same?

Re: client_get_file_name error [message #446210 is a reply to message #342672] Sat, 06 March 2010 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jabXYZ
Hello All,
Out of the subject but I needed to say that. Smile
Poor us!
when dealing with any oracle app it must get us frustrated just to do simple thing.
at many times I envy Microsoft developer for the productive tools they use.
when looking at web_util.pdf manual, see how many steps you have to follow just to enable it in the developer machine, one will see the difference.

I'am thinking of switching to other tools.
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #447540 is a reply to message #446210] Mon, 15 March 2010 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Dear Jabir,

When I read your post my initial thought was simply "Goodbye".

Thinking on it a bit more I realised that I could not let your comment stand unchallenged. You say that we (Oracle developers) must get "frustrated just to do simple thing", and then mention 'web_util'. I have only ever found an Oracle form frustrating when the person who wrote it didn't understand that 'less is more' and 'keep it simple s.....'. It is when ex-VB programmers try and do the work themselves instead of letting Oracle Forms, and its wizards, do the work for you that a mess is quickly created. Yes, when the user wants something seriously weird, it does take time to get the validations firing in the right order, but having talked with Java developers, at least I don't have to write 300 lines of code to do the data entry, then 300 lines to retrieve and display it, and then a further 300 lines do the update, and that's just for a single field.

For me, the vast majority of the questions in this forum are by people who have never read the manual (online help) or who have never worked with Oracle Forms. When they read the manual, use the wizards, and let Oracle do the work for them, they are most often able to get nearly all of their functionality working with little coding. There next question is the 'command' that they need to use to get their next piece of advanced functionality. There are also some fairly obvious misunderstandings concerning commands, for example, when-new-record-instance versus when-create-record, but that is all explained in the online help. All they have to do is read it.

David
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #485018 is a reply to message #343988] Sun, 05 December 2010 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charuamit
Hi

Sorry for appending to an old post.

My Java Console gives error :
ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://dell05-246.hct.org:8889/forms90/webutil/jacob.dll

My code is :

if webutil_file_transfer.client_to_as('C:\Documents and Settings\et16\Desktop\ava\test2.pdf','F:\ORACLE\AVA\task_rep.pdf.pdf') then
message('copied');
else
message('cant copy');
end if;

I guess only mine client-server file transfer functions are not working as i tried some other webutil functions that worked.

please help me out !
thanks
Re: client_get_file_name error [message #538326 is a reply to message #485018] Thu, 05 January 2012 04:44 Go to previous message
bwelter
In forms 11g this solved the problem:

Situation
- <appl specific>.pll contains text_io procedures to be replaced by webutil.client_text_io
- in order to compile webutil.pll has to be attached to <appl specific>.pll
- after compilation when using <appl specific>.pll in a form this form crashes in the WHEN-CUSTOM-ITEM-EVENT trigger from webutil

Reason
- probably attaching webutil.pll to another pll causes the webutil bean to initialize before the form is rendered.
(same problem when f.e. client_text_io is called in the wehn-new-form-instance)

Solution
- remove webutil.pll from <appl specific>.pll after compilation. Deploy the .pll (NOT the .plx)

Previous Topic: why forms why can't other technology
Next Topic: Alerting user when changing field without content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 13:03:41 CDT 2024