Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Loading XML into oracle using XDB utilities
Loading XML into oracle using XDB utilities [message #197630] Thu, 12 October 2006 02:02 Go to next message
vvk_2
Hello,
I am trying to load an XML document using XML DB utilities provided by oracle.The exact funcion being used to read the XML is xdb_utilities.getXMLfromBFile,which loads the XML documnet into a XMLType column.
But,the problem here is that,the XML fails to load if the XML document is not well formed.i.e. even if one of tag names is wrong.Is there a way to remove the wrong tags and at least read the correct tags.
Please provide any other pointers for reading XMl other than using XDB utilities to work aorund this problem.

Thanks in advance!!
Re: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small [message #197637 is a reply to message #197630] Thu, 12 October 2006 02:17 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Your problem is this phrase here:
getStringVal() 
I suspect that the extracted XML chunk is longer than 4000 chrs (assuming you're running this as SQL), which is the maximum length for a varchar2.
Use GetClobVal() instead.
Previous Topic: XSL Transformation in Oracle 9i
Next Topic: Synchronise Oracle Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:19:33 CDT 2024