Home » Non-English Forums » French » Inserting French Characters from Linux in Oracle 10G
Inserting French Characters from Linux in Oracle 10G [message #153209] Fri, 30 December 2005 00:29 Go to next message
r_krishnan
Hi all,

I have created an SQL file with a set of insert commands in windows and I have uploaded that sql file in to Linux where I need to run the sql to insert those values in Oracle table.

When I insert the values in Linux with the sql file the special characters like (é) are getting inserted as (?) marks. When I open the sql file using VI editor the special characters are changed to some other characters.

How do I insert special characters into Linux/Oracle10g. Is there any ASCII code or some code for these special characters which I need to use so that it gets inserted properly.

Can anyone please help me? Its very urgent

Regards
Krishnan
Re: Inserting French Characters from Linux in Oracle 10G [message #153212 is a reply to message #153209] Fri, 30 December 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Before inserting the values in the database , do a crosscheck on the content of the file.

Just check whether the contents are same after migrating from Windows to Linux.
How did you transfer the SQL file from Windows to Linux.

Re: Inserting French Characters from Linux in Oracle 10G [message #153262 is a reply to message #153212] Fri, 30 December 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r_krishnan
Hi Tarun,

I am transfering the file from windows to linux using SFTP. When I open the file in linux using VI Editor this is how it looks like (DÃRÃ). Also the EURO symbol (€) looks like this
(<80>).

What could be the problem?

Regards
Krishnan
Re: Inserting French Characters from Linux in Oracle 10G [message #153264 is a reply to message #153262] Fri, 30 December 2005 09:56 Go to previous message
tarundua

Hi ,

Thats the main problem and i feel that no fault from ORacle side.
File transfer is faulty. How did u FTP the files --- binary or ascii mode.
Previous Topic: ora-01506 nom de base de données interdit ou absent
Next Topic: Enabling Forms Folder Functionality in FRENCH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:31:51 CDT 2024