Database tables are structured in columns and rows. However, some data lends itself to switching row data as column data for expository purposes. The pivot operation in SQL allows the developer to arrange row data as column fields. For example, if there are two customers who have both visited a store exactly four times, and you want to compare the amount of money spent by each customer on each visit, you can implement the pivot operation.
Checks to be performed at the machine level (note the example is Red Hat Linux)
run queue should be ideally not more than the number of CPU’s on the machine
At the maximum it should never be more than twice the number of CPU’s.
This is denoted by the column ‘r’ in the vmstat output shown below
vmstat – 5
procs memory swap io system cpu
r b swpd free buff cache si so bi bo in cs us sy id wa
4 1 488700 245704 178276 12513572 0 1 10 17 48 1365 40 12 43 5
AX (11i) SLA (R12)
Daily Journal Book - Line Descriptions Payables/Receivables/Inventory Journal Entries Report Daily Journal Book - Header Descriptions Payables/Receivables/Inventory Journal Entries Report Final Daily Journal Book - Header Descriptions Journal Entries Report Italian Journal Book Journal Entries Report
Sometimes Drilldown from GL will open OA pages and sometimes Oracle Forms.
Here is the reason:
- When the data is from 11i and not upgraded to R12 (means it is not in XLA tables and gl_je_headers.je_from_sla_flag is NULL), then it will open the subledger form directly.
- When the data is from R12 or from 11i and upgraded to R12 (means it is in XLA tables and gl_je_headers.je_from_sla_flag is 'Y' or 'U'), then it will open the SLA OA page first, so that we can check the XLA data and we can open the subledger form through View Transactions button.
If the following error occurs while submitting AX Posting Manager/Post Transactions, then set the profile options, AX Application Name and GL Set of Books Name.
Which will automatically set the other two profiles.
The following are the important profile options, which need to be set to submit AX Posting Manager/Post Transactions.
- AX Application Id
- AX Application Name
- GL Set of Books ID
- GL Set of Books Name
From AX User Guide,
The Global Accounting Engine does not support the following actions during a Customer or Supplier Merge because they violate reconciliation principles ensured by Global Accounting Engine reports:
- Deleting a customer after a merge.
- Creating accounting entries after a multiple merge.
- Merging unsuccessfully, such as a merge in Payables where only some of the invoices have been merged.
- Merging suppliers, when the new supplier site code already exists in another organization that has the same set of books ID.
R12 - GL / XLA / FAH - How to disable Create Reporting Sequence Number (which used to run when a period is closed in GL)?Submitted by vamsi kasina on Sun, 2009-06-07 04:00
Note that if Create Reporting Sequence Number is disabled, Reporting Sequences will not be generated in GL/SLA.
1. Log in as sysadmin user.
2. Choose the responsibility Workflow Administrator Web Applications.
3. Select the page Business Events.
4. Search for "oracle.apps.gl.CloseProcess.period.close" (enter this in the name field and press Go).
5. Click on Subscription
6. Update the Event, which is having the function as "xla_reporting_sequence_pkg.period_close".
7. Make it Disable.
AX (Global Accounting Engine) creates journal entries only when the accounted amount is not equal to Zero.
As AX summarizes the journal entries by Plan Name (Accounting Class), Code Combination Id, Third Pary Id and Sub Id, if the accounted amount becomes zero, in those cases AX won't create Journal Entries.
Hope you haven't selected Report parameter as "No Report".
Create Accounting has mainly two templates.
"Subledger Accounting Program Report - Standard" inturn calls "Subledger Accounting Program Report - Sub Template".
"Subledger Accounting Program Report - Sub Template" is a sub template and shouldn't be used directly while submiting the Create Accounting.
If the output is blank, the template needs to be crosschecked, which is available in the Options Button of the SRS window.
SELECT text FROM all_source WHERE name = UPPER('&package_name') AND line = 2;