Linda Fishman Hoyle
A Guest Post by Jennifer Dennis, Director of Marketing, Oracle (pictured left)
Learn how leading companies deliver the best of their brand with Oracle Marketing Cloud at Oracle OpenWorld 2016 in San Francisco, September 18–22, 2016.
Hear Laura Ipsen,General Manager and Senior Vice President, Oracle Marketing Cloud (pictured right), at our general session on Brand Experience: Modern Marketing Transformation. You’ll get insights into how brands are making this data-driven digital transformation and achieving dramatic results. Laura will be joined by Ninish Ukkan, Senior Vice President, Head of Technology for eHarmony.
Then see how Modern Marketing works in sessions featuring MongoDB, DocuSign, Nestle USA, Team One, LinkedIn, CSC, Clorox, technology partners, and Modern Marketing experts. Attendees will experience how Oracle Marketing Cloud is the solution that marketers love and IT trusts.
Whether you’re focused on marketing automation or cross-channel marketing, you’ll get insights into solutions for data-driven, mobile, and account-based marketing to help you achieve a personalized customer experience.
Modern Marketing experts will offer demonstrations and an in-depth look at some of the exciting new solutions and features released for Oracle Marketing Cloud.
You won’t want to miss these opportunities to transform yourself into a Modern Marketer. If you have questions, contact me at email@example.com.
Use these links to get more information and to register:
If you have questions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to know what Steve Miranda is going to talk about at OpenWorld, his interview with ZDNet columnist Michael Krigsman provides a few clues. One topic sure to get top billing is data—as in Data Cloud’s ability to combine third-party data (cookies, mobile ID, credit card purchases, etc.) with first-party data.
You’ve probably heard about Data Cloud in the context of marketing. If you’ve ever clicked on an item in one web site and then seen ads for that item on another web site, you’ve experienced the power of data.Instead of targeting broad customer segments, marketers can now connect digital identities across marketing channels (Facebook and Twitter handles) and devices (desktops, tablets, mobile devices) and target anonymous—with emphasis on anonymous—individuals.
But here’s where Miranda's talk gets really interesting. He says that we’re only at the beginning of potential uses of Data Cloud. For example, you could create highly compelling, next-best offers by combining purchase data from Commerce Cloud with external purchase intent data. Or you could determine whether or not to take a supplier discount based on real-time currency rates or supplier ratings. To hear Steve describe his vision, click here.
Steve sums up the future of apps in this way: “Collect as much data as you can, use that data to make better product, and that’s where we think it’s going to go in SaaS.”
Guaranteed, this won’t be the last time you hear the words data and applications together.
A Guest Post by Oracle's Kazim Isfahani, Director, ERP Strategy (pictured left)
The excitement level is building for OpenWorld 2016, September 18 - 22 in San Francisco, CA. CFO’s, project leaders, procurement officers, along with finance and operations leaders, will gather at the premier executive destination to learn more about shifting their business to the cloud to build the business of tomorrow.
Last year, OpenWorld session attendees with an ERP content focus grew 80 percent.One year later, we have twice as many customers and we're offering more than 50 general, conference, and ‘Meet the Expert’ sessions expressly dedicated to ERP Cloud. These sessions are designed to help ERP Cloud customers and prospects hear from their peers, learn from Oracle’s experts, and maximize their time at OpenWorld.
New this year is the ERP Showcase which brings together Oracle’s ERP team and partners to help organizations create their own path to the cloud. All track sessions, product demos, theater presentations, networking, and more will be co-located on the third level in Moscone West. This is a unique opportunity to secure all of your ERP Cloud needs from one central location. ERP Showcase sponsors include Cognizant Technology Solutions, Emtec, Forsys, Huron, Infovity, and Prometheus Group.
Customers Sharing Their Journeys
Again this year, we’ll feature a plethora of customers, each willing to share their journey to the cloud. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from senior executives from companies including Orange, Qualcomm, GE Digital, Profound Medical, City of Detroit, Alex Lee, Skanska, Hillside Family Agencies, Ballard, and the Cerebral Palsy Association of NY. These speakers bring a treasure trove of critical information and proven success recipes that will guide those of you seeking an ERP Cloud journey of your own. The learnings gleaned from these cloud veterans will prove invaluable!
ERP Cloud Execs and Sessions
Key Oracle ERP executives will be on-hand, including Rondy Ng, SVP Applications Development; Tom Anthony, VP Procurement Product Strategy; Colleen Baumbach, VP Applications Development, and Terrance Wampler, VP Financials Product Strategy. Each will be showcasing the latest product releases and associated roadmaps across the ERP family.
Here are a few of the 50 ERP Cloud not-to-be missed sessions from the Session Catalog:
- “How Oracle’s Modern Cloud Applications Can Drive Your Success,” September 19, 11:00 am PT | Room 3008 [GEN7758]
- “Run Your Modern Business on a Modern Cloud,” September 19, 2:30 pm PT | Room 3008 [GEN7298]
- “Oracle Procurement—Empowering Modern Procurement,” September 19, 4:30 pm PT | Room 3001 [GEN7254]
- “Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud—Seize the Digital Opportunity,” September 19, 4:30 pm PT | Room 3003 [GEN7279]
- “Finance Takes Control and Transforms with the Cloud,” September 20, 10:45 am PT | Room 3001 [GEN7299]
- “Managing Your Revenue by IFRS 15/ASC 606: Oracle Financials Cloud and Oracle E-Business Suite,” September 21, 11:00 am PT | Room 3016 [CON7314]
- “Oracle Financials Cloud Implementation: A Customer Experience,” September 21, 3:00 pm PT | Room 3001 [CON6064]
Meet the Experts
This ever-popular activity is an opportunity for you to meet with the Oracle ERP Cloud experts, the people who design and build the applications. There are three sessions scheduled.
- “Meet the Experts: Oracle Procurement Cloud” September 20, 11:00 am PT | Room 3001A [MTE7785]
- “Meet the Experts: Oracle Financials Cloud” September 21, 3:00 pm PT | Room 3001A [MTE7784]
- “Meet the Experts: Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud,” Sep 21, 12:15 pm PT| Room 3001A [MTE7792]
These interactive sessions allow for discussions on Oracle Applications strategy and customer specific business and IT strategy. The experts are available to discuss the latest releases and share insights into the best path for your enterprise. For those of you considering ERP Cloud, this is a perfect opportunity to meet with the product development and strategy team, and learn more about the product. Space is limited, so we recommend that you pre-register.
Demo Grounds and More
The Demo Grounds are a great way for you to network and discover everything our partners have to offer. Want all that ERP Cloud has planned in one place? Visit ERP Central @ OpenWorld 2016.
What About After Hours?
After a long day of learning, networking, and sharing, OpenWorld has plenty of fun planned as well.
- Welcome Reception on Sunday, September 18 at 7:00 pm on the Oracle Cloud Plaza @ Howard Street
- ERP Central Happy Hour on Tuesday, September 20 at 6:00 pm, on the third floor of Moscone West
- Billy Joel concert on Wednesday, September 21 at AT&T Park, an exclusive, private event
- Numerous partner events; visit the partners’ booths on the third level in Moscone West for details.
Oracle ERP Cloud is top of mind for companies across size, industry, and geography. The ERP Cloud agenda for this premier event offers you both depth and breadth and an opportunity to hear from experienced Oracle ERP Cloud customers and to apply the best practices in your own organizations.
A Guest Post by Jon Chorley, Oracle CSO & Group Vice President, SCM Product Strategy & PLM (pictured left)
A great deal has happened since Oracle OpenWorld last year. I’m not talking about the daily shocks and counter-shocks of the U.S. election, nor Britain’s unexpected decision to exit the EU, nor the thrills and challenges of the recently concluded Rio Olympics. As strange, as surprising, and at times as amusing, as those have been, I’m talking about the change that has taken place in supply chain.
Last year at OpenWorld we announced our plans to deliver the broadest suite of built-for-the-cloud, enterprise-class supply chain applications. And that is exactly what we have done. The Oracle Supply Chain Cloud is here. Already some 1,000 customers have committed to some or all of these solutions and that number is accelerating.
What do businesses need from supply chain solutions?
When we started this journey, we recognized that businesses need three things from new supply chain solutions:
- Solutions designed and built for the modern supply chain and the modern supply chain user that can be deployed in the cloud. Yesterday’s systems on cloud are no better than yesterday’s systems on premise. Oracle took the harder road and it has paid off.
- Comprehensive capabilities that enable businesses to operate their end-to-end supply chain—not piece-part solutions that they have to stitch together themselves.
- A practical path to the cloud. Businesses need a clear target and end goal, with the ability to deploy and to realize value as they go. This requires a vendor with the strategic vision and wherewithal to deliver continuous innovation that can be adopted and leveraged as needed.
How is Oracle addressing these needs?
At this OpenWorld we’ll demonstrate in detail how we have addressed these needs. Using a combination of education sessions, customer speakers, forums, access to experts, and of course the Demo Grounds, you will be able to see the potential for your company, hear how your fellow customers are approaching this transition, and get a clear sense of our product roadmap. (See SCM Central @ OpenWorld for details.)
Along with the overview sessions, there are four main tracks covering your primary business flows with ample opportunities to explore each. They are:
- Ideate to Commercialize: Everything you need to maximize your return in innovation spend and to control the complete lifecycle of your product information
- Source to Settle: Covering the full procurement lifecycle and supporting both direct and indirect material with full integration to supply chain processes
- Order to Cash: Comprehensive order management, combined with the ability to support omni-channel capture and fulfilment; also full transportation and global trade management
- Plan to Build: Next-generation planning designed to empower the “citizen planner,” combined with comprehensive discrete manufacturing capabilities supporting a wide variety of manufacturing methods
Key SCM Cloud sessions at OpenWorld
See the Session Catalog 2016 for the full schedule and many more sessions:
- General Session: Oracle Supply Chain Cloud [GEN6347] Speakers: Richard Jewell, SVP, Applications Development; Randy Chinn, Partner, IBM; Sarosh Khan, Associate Partner, IBM
- Journey to Supply Chain Management Cloud: Insights from the IBM Global C-suite Study [CON7949] Speakers: Sarosh Khan, Associate Partner, IBM; Rahul Patel, Associate Partner, IBM; Karen Butner, Research Director, IBM
- Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud for Manufacturing Companies [CON6775] Customer Speaker: Kirk Boivin, Director Of Operations, Profound Medical Inc.
- Oracle Manufacturing Cloud and Planning Central Cloud: Early Adopter Panel [CON6774] Customer Speakers: Andre Zardini, CIO; SunCoke, Rashed Dewan; VP Finance and Interim CFO, Profound Medical
- Order to Cash with Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud: Customer Case Studies [CON6788] Customer Speakers: Abhijeet Bhandare, CIO, GE Power; Michael Massimino, Director of IT, Telogis Inc.
- Strategies to Achieve Sustainable Growth: Oracle Innovation Management Cloud [CON6853] Customer Speaker: Steve Abruzzi, NBTY
There’s still plenty of time to register. Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to explore the wonderful world of Oracle Supply Chain Cloud in San Francisco, September 18-22.
A Guest Post by Angela Wells, Oracle Senior Director, Outbound Product Management, Social
Once again, Oracle will shine a spotlight on social customer successes and the latest Oracle Social Cloud innovations. This year’s content will focus on how social touches every area of the business from customer service to marketing to business intelligence. And some of the world’s biggest brands—like General Motors, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, and Mack Trucks—will join us on stage to bring these social innovations to life. Also, back by popular demand, is our Social Intelligence Center, showcasing our interactive data visualization technology across several HD screens. Think of it as the interactive social media hub for OpenWorld.
There’s no better advertising than showcasing your customer’s successes. And that’s what all our sessions will do, while giving attendees real, take-home execution tactics and strategies. See below some highlights:
- “Social Data Driving Business Intelligence” with General Motors, Polaris, Dr Pepper Snapple Group and Oracle Social Cloud [CON7342]
- “Is Social the New Customer Call Center?” with General Motors, Cummins, D&M Holdings and Oracle Social Cloud [CON7340]
- “Tackling The Content Conundrum” with T.H. March, FamilyShare Network and Oracle Social Cloud [CON7341]
- “Influencers - Business's Not So Silent Partner” with Mack Trucks, M&C Saatchi, Hornblower and Oracle Social Cloud [CON7344]
- “How Social Service Guides the Customer Experience” A Ted-style session with Oracle’s Angela Wells and General Motors’ Dr. Rebecca Harris Burns [CON7339]
- “A Sky-High Overview of the Oracle Social Cloud” with Oracle Social executives Faz Assadi and Christie Sultemeier [CON7343]
Social Intelligence Center
The networking fun starts on Monday night and events go on throughout the week across all of San Francisco, with a spectacular community appreciation event on Wednesday night along the city waterfront at AT&T Park, featuring a live performance by Billy Joel, and complimentary food and beverages. Bring your phone and let’s get social!
Encourage your prospects and customers to come celebrate the Oracle Community by networking with digital and business leaders, cloud customers, and subject matter experts. It’s a can’t-miss event—and in one of the most beautiful, exciting cities in the world—San Francisco.
A Guest Post by Stephanie Kaleva, Manager,
Executive Programs Customer Advocacy, Oracle Service Cloud
We’re looking forward to an exciting week for Oracle Service Cloud at OpenWorld 2016 in San Francisco, September 18 - 22, 2016.
We have scheduled 19 sessions featuring key customers (Kohl’s, Lane Bryant, Nintendo, and more), industry influencers, and product experts. From these sessions, you will discover Oracle Service Cloud’s vision for the future of customer service.
You'll also learn what you can do now to approach IoT, contact center engagement, mobile, and chat trends to create a proactive, personalized customer service experience.
Experts will be on site in the demo grounds, mini theater sessions, and hands-on labs to provide you with an in-depth look at some of the exciting new solutions and features released, including Oracle Engagement Cloud.
You won’t want to miss these opportunities to build a modern service survival guide, so here are your next steps:
- For details on all that Oracle Service Cloud has to offer at OpenWorld 2016, refer to this blog post.
- For more information on OpenWorld and how to register, see Service--CX Central @ OpenWorld.
A Guest Post by Jennifer Toomey, Sr. Principal Product Marketing Director, Oracle
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (September 18 - 22, 2016) offers more Oracle EPM content and expert experience than any other conference in the world. It features more than 60 EPM conference sessions, a dedicated EPM Showcase area for demos, three hands-on labs, plus presentations from multiple customers, partners, and Oracle staff.
Whether you already have, or are considering, an Oracle EPM solution, Oracle OpenWorld is the place to be.
Cloud: With multiple new cloud offerings released this year, EPM Cloud is in the spotlight with sessions featuring Oracle EPM Cloud customers, products, and strategy, as well as roadmap. Attendees will have the opportunity to get a closer look at these new cloud solutions. In addition, a number of customers will share their experiences and results from using Oracle EPM Cloud.
On Premises: There will also be sessions covering on-premises Oracle EPM products, including customers’ case studies, what’s new, and what’s coming.
EPM Showcase: This year we have created an area specifically for EPM that will be located on the second floor of Moscone West. Attendees can take advantage of this opportunity to meet with EPM prospects and customers in a central location that integrates conference sponsors, exhibitors, and demos.
- Oracle EPM General Session with Deloitte: Executive Briefing on Oracle’s EPM Strategy and Roadmap [GEN6336]
- Customers Present: Oracle EPM and ERP Cloud Together [CON7514]
- Customers Present: EPM Cloud for Midsize Customers [CON7515]
- Application Integration: EPM, ERP, Cloud and On-premises - All the Options Explained [CON7497]
- Product Development Panel Q&A: Oracle Hyperion EPM Applications [CON7538]
Customers: Watch for these customers who are speaking: Barnes & Noble, Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians, Mattel, CIMA, JC Penney, Virginia Commonwealth University, Babcock & Wilcox, Lexington-Fayette Urban County, Meredith Corporation, SNC-Lavalin, and many more.
Have fun and learn at Oracle OpenWorld 2016. We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!
Join us for an Oracle HCM Cloud Customer Forum call on Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
Janet Randolph, vice president, Human Resources, and Rosetta Jasperson, manager HR Operations and Systems, will discuss how Oracle HCM Cloud helped Telogis consolidate its data, integrate its payroll system globally, and improve reporting and data reliability. Randoph and Jasperson also will share the importance of an integrated operation—being able to implement inventory and finance in the cloud along with HCM was a key decision point for the company.
Register now to attend the live Forum on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. PT and learn more about Telogis’ experience with Oracle HCM Cloud.
EVP Steve Miranda (pictured left) is certain of one thing: one hundred percent of businesses will move their applications to the cloud. It’s just a matter of time, Miranda says, because as Oracle makes better software faster, "this is the model that all our customers will want."
Technology writer Donovan Jackson published "One hundred percent SaaS?" after Steve's recent visit to Australia.
Excitement Builds for HR Professionals at OpenWorld, September 18 - 22, 2016, in Beautiful San Francisco!
A Guest Post by Paul Kaptein, Product Marketing Director, Oracle (pictured left)
Oracle OpenWorld 2016 is fast approaching! It’s the year’s big event for HR professionals and entire companies engaged in exploring the cloud. Attendees last year came from over 140 countries!
Come join us in celebrating the Oracle Community by networking with HR and business leaders, cloud customers, and subject matter experts. Meet new people, learn, explore, and have fun with your friends in one of the most beautiful, exciting cities in the world—San Francisco, California.
Oracle’s flagship event kicks off on Sunday, September 18, 2016, with great User Group content and an opening address by Oracle founder, Larry Ellison. This is an excellent opportunity for HR professionals to get engaged, stay informed, and to learn how to adapt to massive change and innovation happening in HR across the globe.
Here are some of the highlights to help you plan:
Customer stories are great learning opportunities. A few examples are below. Also, under HR Thought Leadership, Siemens, SGS, MoneyGram, and Kaiser Permanente are scheduled for a customer panel on Thursday at 10 a.m.
- G&J Pepsi Bottling [CON5881]: From Paper Based to the Cloud in 90 Days!
- Exelon [CAS1462]: How Leading Energy Provider Exelon is making the Journey to Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud
- Cerebral Palsy Associations of New York [CAS5242]: A Nonprofit Company’s Transformation with Oracle Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud, Oracle HCM, and Oracle Cloud Payroll
- G&K Services [CON3053]: The G&K Services Journey to Full Implementation of the HCM Platform
HR Thought Leadership
Tap into the latest in innovative thinking around digital HR:
- Latest Trends in HCM—Connecting the Dots [GEN1750]: A look at current trends in digital, social, and other aspects of your daily life, and the implications for enterprise HCM, today and in the future.
- Moneyball for HCM [CON2408]: Through the lens of the popular film Moneyball, what business leaders can learn from baseball about building competitive teams.
- Thought Leader Series: Customer Perspectives [GEN6324]: A panel of CHROs and senior business leaders, including Siemens, SGS, MoneyGram, and Kaiser Permanente, explore top challenges and the prioritization of HR’s path forward.
Sessions and Workshops
Choose from 80 sessions, panels, and workshops, all focused on the interest areas of HR professionals. A few examples:
- Business Value Realization with Journey to the Cloud [CON2534]: Learn best practices, techniques, and trends to prepare for the journey to the cloud, shorten the learning curve, and speed up decision-making inside organizations.
- Successful Strategies for Digital Learning [CON1549]: Explore the latest trends in training and digital learning.
- From Reports to Real-Time Workforce Intelligence [CON6905]: Learn best practices on how to transition from delivering data to delivering real-time workforce intelligence.
Live Experts, Hands on Labs and Demos, and Journey Mapping
For those looking for a more hands-on experience, a number of sessions are designed to be highly interactive. HR events at the Palace Hotel include 30 Oracle and partner interactive kiosks and dedicated open spaces to explore specific interests. A few examples:
- Open Space: How do you know you're ready for Living in the Cloud? [MTE6648]: One of a series, this open-space session will tap into audience expertise and topic interest, largely to share ideas, experience, and conversation in an open forum.
- HCM Cloud Meet the Experts: Global HR [MTE6645]: One of a series, this expert session will cover anything you want to learn or share about Oracle Core Human Resources, Workforce Directory, Work-Life applications, HelpDesk for Human Resources, as well as HR Optimization and Analytics.
- HCM Cloud Meet the Experts: Talent Management [MTE6647]: One of a series, this product expert session will address Oracle Talent Acquisition, Performance and Goal Management, Career and Succession, and Learning and Development.
- A Human Design Approach to HR: Employee Experience Journey Mapping [JMP4970]: This unique interactive, hands-on crash course will showcase a step-by-step process for mapping the journey your employees have with your organization, so you can deliver the right experience.
Always exciting and inspirational, keynotes by top Oracle executives—Larry Ellison, Mark Hurd, Thomas Kurian, and Chris Leone provide insight into the state of business, technology, innovation, and the future.
Celebration and Networking
The networking fun starts on Monday night. An HCM Reception will be held at the Plaza Hotel, the main venue for HR sessions. Events go on throughout the week across all of San Francisco, with a spectacular community appreciation event on Wednesday night along the city waterfront at AT&T Park. It features a live performance by Billy Joel and complimentary food and beverages. Bring your camera!
Register and Share
Why wait? Register now! Oracle OpenWorld is the HR technology event of the year. With all of the latest cloud innovation and customer enthusiasm, 2016 will be our best year ever!
Please forward and share this invitation to others who may want to attend.
Hope to see you there!
A Guest Post by Jeri Kelley, Senior Principal Product Manager, Oracle (pictured left)
The CX Commerce track at Oracle OpenWorld 2016 is where commerce professionals come together to learn, network and explore. Don’t miss out on many of the great reasons to attend including in-depth product updates, customer success stories, hands-on labs, networking events, and more.
Customer Success Stories, Product Experts and Live Demonstrations
Commerce attendees can explore best practices and share knowledge with sessions including:
- Roadmap sessions for Oracle Commerce and Oracle Commerce Cloud
- Thought leadership sessions featuring Oracle strategy and industry experts
- Best practice customer panels
- Hands on Labs
- Customer and partner case studies
We encourage you to expand your horizons and take part in more than just sessions focused on commerce. Explore all that CX Central @ OpenWorld has to offer.
Kick-Off with the Commerce General Session
Join Oracle Commerce strategy experts, customers, and our partner TATA Consulting Services to learn tips, techniques, and best practices on what commerce experts are thinking about and how they are designing commerce engagements for the future.
- Re-defining Digital Commerce for 2020 [GEN 6314]
Sessions of Special Interest
- Commerce @ Oracle: Vision and Strategy [CON6315]
- Cloud Ready? Key Considerations for Adopting SaaS for Commerce [CON7162]
- The next evolution of B2B eCommerce with industry expert Justin King [CON7165]
- Electrolux Expands OmniChannel Strategy With New Multi-Site Commerce Platform [CON7197]
- Preparing the business for a digital commerce technology transformation (with Mason Companies) [CON7168]
Commerce Demo Zone
Take a break in the CX-Commerce Demo Zone and see the latest Commerce @ Oracle product demonstrations led by members of the commerce product management and sales consulting teams. See the latest features and learn from our customer sites:
- Oracle Commerce Cloud – Learn all about the latest release
- Customer Showcase – Stop by and take a tour of featured customer sites powered by Oracle Commerce Cloud
All sessions and the demo zone for customer experience will be located on the 2nd floor of Moscone West in San Francisco.
An Oracle OpenWorld preview would not be complete without a mention of customer appreciation events:
- Commerce Customer Dinner @ The Waterfront Restaurant – By invitation only and a chance to network with Oracle Commerce product management and commerce peers
- Oracle Appreciation Event to be announced
Commerce at a Glance
Visit Commerce—CX Central @ OpenWorld for full details on speakers, conference sessions, exhibits, and entertainment.
For more information.
Registration is now open. Visit Oracle OpenWorld 2016 for information on CX Sales session and other details.
We look forward to seeing everyone in San Francisco September 18 – 22, 2016.
A Guest Post by Michael Richter, Director of Product Management, Oracle (pictured left)
Oracle Cloud apps shine on the big stage at Oracle OpenWorld 2016.
And none so brightly as Oracle Sales Cloud.
The CX Sales Track at OpenWorld 2016 is where sales professionals like you meet to learn, network, and experience everything there is to know about modern selling.
You can listen to success stories from customers, meet with partners that have implemented or extended sales applications, and engage with product experts in the exhibition center to see live demonstrations. What you will find in common is that modern selling is transforming the way sales is conducted across industries.
Industry Sessions for CX Leaders—Learn to stay ahead of the competition
How do you differentiate yourself beyond the products and services you sell? Pre-configured industry solutions accelerate the path to faster ROI and leverage Oracle’s extensive industry expertise. That combination lets you focus on your unique business components.
At Oracle OpenWorld, there will be a series of CX industry overview sessions, including High Tech and Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Communications, Higher Education, Automotive, and Hospitality. There will be scheduled live demonstrations at the CX Sales Theater in the CX Central exhibition area on the 2nd floor at Moscone West.
Some featured sessions for industries include:
- GEN6944 Learn how to Differentiate Yourself with Industry-Tailored Customer Experiences
- CON6941 Redefining Automotive Industry Customer Experience for a Sharing, Digital World
- CON6934 Become a Disruptor—Lead with your Digital Experience (Communications)
- THT6954 Recruiting the Modern Student with Oracle CX (Higher Ed)
Learn from Customer Success Stories, Product Experts, and Live Demonstrations
There are many ways to interact with partners and Oracle product experts to gain deeper insights on modern selling. You'll find a number of conference sessions and live demonstrations focusing on Sales Cloud, Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ) Cloud, Engagement Cloud topics, and more.
Oracle product managers will lead roadmap sessions to reveal the latest innovations to Sales Cloud. They’ll also share useful tools to speed migration and ways to streamline and get optimal value from integrations. Learn about the new Engagement Cloud through session presentations and live demonstrations.
We’re announcing Oracle Sales Cloud Release 12 at Oracle OpenWorld
- GEN6317 CX Sales General Session: A Modern Way to Sell
Sales Cloud session highlights:
- CON6319 Oracle Sales Cloud Roadmap
- CON6928 Oracle Cloud Marketplace: Drive Growth with Innovative Apps
- CON6929 Oracle Sales Cloud: Fast Deployments and Fast Results for Midsize Companies
- CON6933 Getting Value with an Oracles Sales Cloud & Marketing Cloud Integration
- HOL7492 & HOL7493—Hands on Labs (Introductory session and mobility session)
- THT6321 Oracle Sales Cloud Sales Force Automation Demonstration
- THT6940 Oracle Sales Cloud Partner Relationship Management Demonstration
- THT6939 Oracle Sales Cloud Sales Performance Management Demonstration
CPQ session highlights:
- CON6320 Oracle Configure, Price and Quote Roadmap
- CON6937 How Oracle Sales Cloud and CPQ Cloud Work Together for Maximum Results
- CON7076 What’s your CPQ Maturity? A CPQ Business Panel Discussion
- CON7078 Oracle CPQ Cloud and EBS Integration
- THT7082 Oracle Configure, Price and Quote Demonstration
- THT7083 Oracle Configure, Price and Quote and Oracle Commerce Cloud Demonstration
Engagement Cloud session highlights:
- CON6938 Introducing Engagement Cloud—A New Way to Engage your High Value Customers
- CON7120 Channel Surfing—Empowering Multi-channel Service Agents with Engagement Cloud
- CON7150 Delivering Knowledge-Driven Self-Service with Oracle’s Engagement Cloud
- CON6936 Optimizing Engagement to Develop Customer Loyalty (Financial Services)
- THT7121 Oracle Engagement Cloud Sneak Peak
CX Central Exhibition Center
- Visit the vast array of partner kiosks to learn from the experts, whether it's implementation best practices or new software developments to extend your brand and functionality.
The NEW CX Sales Theater
- Be sure to attend the sessions at the NEW CX Sales Theater in the exhibition area on 2/F at Moscone West. The prefix for these Theater sessions is “THT”, e.g. THT7121. Sales topics of interest include sales force automation, sales performance management, partner relationship management, customer data management, your preferred industry solution, sales analytics or the new Engagement Cloud. It’s all here for the taking.
A Unified and Seamless CX Approach—Oracle CX Cloud Suite
We encourage you to learn first hand about integrations, to become familiar with the tools and best practices to migrate from existing CRM systems to Sales Cloud, and to attend the multitude of valuable cross-experience sessions. These sessions will reveal how every experience with your brand matters and why it’s critical to strive for a unified and seamless CX approach.
Sessions will cover topics such as Industry Solutions, CX Platform, Oracle CX Cloud Suite and integrations, the Oracle CX Cloud Marketplace, social CRM, CX Cloud for Midsize, and Cloud user experience.
Attend a Fireside Chat with Oracle Sales Cloud and CPQ Cloud Product Management Team
- MTE6318 Hear from Oracle product experts from Sales and CPQ in an informal Fireside Chat format; this is a great way to wrap up the conference on Thursday afternoon.
The San Francisco Experience—Networking and Entertainment
San Francisco is the host city for Oracle OpenWorld. Top attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, the famous Cable Cars, California Academy of Sciences, and Fisherman’s Wharf.
Be sure to set aside some time with colleagues or new friends to experience this beautiful city.
See you in San Francisco!
Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Hollander Sleep Products is the largest bed pillow and mattress pad manufacturer in North America. The company also has major distribution agreements across North America with brands including Beautyrest, Ralph Lauren, and Nautica, among others.
Hollander has been very successful in the B2B space, manufacturing and marketing its in-house brand Live Comfortably. It also has done very well distributing other company’s products to retailers. But, as you know, retail and distributor businesses have been under great pressure in recent years. So in 2015, the company looked to expand its business model and take its in-house brand Live Comfortably direct to consumers—but it had no direct, consumer retail/commerce experience. To accomplish its goal, Hollander teamed up with Oracle and put Oracle Commerce Cloud to work. Listen to the story from these two Hollander executives:
- CIO’s Perspective: Live Comfortably Builds a Beautiful Ecommerce Experience
- SVP of Marketing’s Perspective: Live Comfortably's Success with Direct-to-Consumer Sales
At this Oracle HCM Cloud Customer Forum, Tom Coleman, VP, Compensation, Benefits and HR Technology and Lorri Davy, Director, HR Technology from American Tower will discuss why American Tower decided to move its HR system from Oracle E-Business Suite on-premises to the Oracle HCM Cloud. They will talk about how this move is transforming the business for American Tower's 3,400 employees in 13 countries around the world.
Register now to attend the live Forum on Wednesday, August 3, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. PDT and learn more about American Tower International’s experience with Oracle HCM Cloud.
The Contact Center Week Conference and Expo is going on in Las Vegas this week. The Oracle Service Cloud team is demonstrating how its modern service solutions help organizations deliver exceptional customer experiences. They are also hosting a session with Pella Corporation, which will showcase success with Oracle Service Cloud. Pella is a leader in technology and product innovation as a window and door manufacturer.
Pella will share how Oracle Service Cloud has helped its contact center agents and field technicians deliver consistent, high-quality customer experiences across channels including web, phone, chat, social media and during in-person appointments. According to Rick Hassman, CIO, Pella, “Having these capabilities provides an experience that our competition can’t deliver.”
You can read more about Pella’s story in this Forbes OracleVoice article.
A Guest Post by VP Chris Shutts, Oracle Cloud Development (pictured left)
Just like Oracle, Salesforce from time to time snaps up hot start ups and large established players to round out its enterprise applications portfolio. These acquisitions normally do not involve SFDC’s Force.com partners. So, in December 2015 when Salesforce announced its intent to acquire SteelBrick (a CPQ vendor on the Force.com platform), a ripple went through the rest of the Force.com ecosystem.
This acquisition was not good news for other Force.com based CPQ solutions such as Apttus. SteelBrick is a relatively simple solution, mostly focused toward small and mid-market companies requiring configuration capability in their sales process. Cash-hungry Apttus, who now may need to make some staffing and R&D decisions that would make them less competitive, has also tried to serve this market in recent years, making both these companies direct and common competitors in the ecosystem.
In any case, our own CPQ Cloud, based on the BigMachines’ acquisition, is rock solid and has been enjoying very strong market momentum. The solution is frequently sold and/or added to existing Sales Cloud, Commerce, and SCM Cloud instances.
Upsides for Oracle
Trefis Team published Here’s The Reason Behind Salesforce.com’s Acquisition of SteelBrick in Forbes.com and said, “The purchase doubtlessly adds additional firepower to Salesforce’s industry-leading Sales Cloud…” However, I see real upsides for Oracle. The SteelBrick acquisition unquestionably helps validate the importance of configuration, pricing, and quoting in the overall sales process.
Also SteelBrick’s solution and Oracle’s CPQ Cloud are not in the same league. Oracle CPQ Cloud is a CPQ application delivered in the cloud that can handle complex products, high transaction volumes, and large user populations. CPQ applications help solve complicated business problems, and therefore require lots of technology investment and time to perfect. Our product has matured for 16 years and delivers innovation and value to great companies, such as HP, ADP, Vodafone, Schneider-Electric, and Siemens.
Join us for an Oracle HCM Cloud Customer Forum call on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 9:00 am PDT.
Paula Peacher, Senior Director, Global Payroll and HRIS at MoneyGram International will discuss MoneyGram's decision to streamline its payroll, core HR and recruitment process so employee’s could have better access to data, align employee execution with corporate strategy, and improve HR regulatory compliance.
Paula also will explain MoneyGram's move from Ceridian to Oracle HCM Cloud to provide its employees a better user experience and to increase employee reporting capabilities, productivity, and participation in company results.
MoneyGram selected Oracle HCM Cloud with the following modules: Core HR, US Payroll, Workforce Compensation, Performance and Goal Management, Talent Review and Succession, Recruiting and Onboarding.
MoneyGram now offers services at approximately 350,000 agent locations in more than 200 countries.
Register now to attend the live Forum and learn more about MoneyGram International’s experience with Oracle HCM Cloud.
Join us for another Oracle Customer Reference Forum on June 28, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. PDT.
Del Clark, Chief Financial Officer at Inspirage, will talk about Inspirage’s business drivers to implement Oracle ERP Cloud and Oracle Sales Cloud. Get details of the content and a registration link for this live Forum.
It used to be that being first to adopt, innovate, or change was too dicey for many companies. Being a follower reduced one's risk while others worked out the bugs; however, today, according to Sonny Singh, SVP and general manager of Oracle’s financial services global business unit, that strategy is “incomprehensible” because of all the disruption going on around us.
No Need to Boil the Ocean
Preston says being a first mover is not about being the very first to innovate. It's about investing in the “tools, infrastructure, processes, and talent" to create a steady flow of innovation. There’s still plenty of room (and advantages) to be a first mover in areas such as mobile and data analytics. Otherwise, Singh contends you could miss “an entire generation of technology, an entire customer base, or an entire trend."
Takeaway: Being a fast follower isn’t really an option in today’s fast-paced digital world.
Read the article: Why 'Fast Follower' Is Yesterday's Tech And Business Strategy
Join us for an Oracle Sales Cloud Customer Reference Forum on Thursday, June 23, 2016, at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET.
Noah Kotch, SVP of IT of Credit Acceptance Corporation will talk about the company's desire to transform its sales organization to leverage a standardized approach and marketing organization to procure high-value leads. Register now to attend the live Forum and learn more about Credit Acceptance Corporation’s experience with Oracle Sales Cloud.