BI & Warehousing
Many people have asked me this question that how they can learn Exadata ? It starts sounding even more difficult as a lot of people don’t have access to Exadata environments. So thought about writing a small post on the same.
It actually is not as difficult as it sounds. There are a lot of really good resources available from where you can learn about Exadata architecture and the things that work differently from any non-Exadata platform. You might be able to do lot more RnD if you have got access to an Exadata environment but don’t worry if you haven’t. Without that also there is a lot that you can explore. So here we go:
- I think the best reference that one can start with is Expert Oracle Exadata book by Tanel Poder, Kerry Osborne and Randy Johnson. As a traditional book covers the subject topic by topic from ground up so it makes a fun read. This book is also no different. It will teach you a lot. They are already working on the second edition. (See here).
- Next you can jump to whitepapers on Oracle website Exadata page, blog posts (keep an eye on OraNA.info) and whitepapers written by other folks. There is a lot of useful material out there. You just need to Google a bit.
- Exadata documentation (not public yet) should be your next stop if you have got access to it. Patch 10386736 on MOS if you have got the access.
- Try to attend an Oracle Users Group conference if there is one happening in your area. Most likely someone would be presenting on Exadata so you can use that opportunity to learn about it. Also you will get a chance to ask him questions.
- Lastly if you have an Exadata machine available do all the RnD you can.
Happy New Year and Happy Learning !
I was troubleshooting some Windows hangs on my Desktop system running Windows 8 and enabled driver verifier. Today when I tried to start VirtualBox it failed with this error message.
Failed to load VMMR0.r0 (VERR_LDR_MISMATCH_NATIVE)
Most of the online forums were asking to reinstall VirtualBox to fix the issue. But one of the thread mentioned that it was being caused by Windows Driver Verifier. I disabled it, restarted Windows and VirtualBox worked like a charm. Didn’t have time to do more research as i quickly wanted to test something. May be we can skip some particular stuff from Driver Verifier and VirutalBox can then work.